About Areness Law
Areness Law is presently engaged in legal consulting and is a member firm of Areness which is a network of professional firms offering multidisciplinary professional services. Areness Law is a full services law firm practising in around 40+ Practice areas and offering legal services to various sectors.
About the Role
- The present role is for a practising advocate who has a dedicated experience in litigation and disputes resolution over varied matters involving Commercial Litigation, Civil Litigation, Property Laws, Consumer Laws, Personal Laws, Constitution and other laws and can independently handle matters from client counselling to research, drafting and appearance.
- It is a leadership role and involves devising legal strategies, ensuring due compliance, client servicing, managing the team and assisting in the growth of the practice area.
- Disputes Resolution Practice at Areness Law is presently focused on matters before the Supreme Court of India, High Courts, District Courts, Consumer Commissions and other Tribunals and Forums across India.
- The role doesn’t involve business development, client acquisition or lead generation and only seeks client servicing and delivery of professional services.
- Candidate must have worked on cases involving individuals, companies, partnership firms, LLPs, Trusts, Societies, Government bodies, etc.
- The role shall not be suitable for in-house counsels/ advocates with only corporate experience.
- The role shall involve complete autonomy and hence, requires a visionary and entrepreneurial outlook.
- The role shall require independent decision making and the candidate shall have to take the complete onus of the practice area.
- Drafting of pleadings, deeds, applications, etc.
- Devising legal strategies
- Arguments, appearance and cross-examination
- Legal Research
- Client counselling
- Managing and guiding a team of Senior Associates, Associates, Paralegal and Interns
- Engaging and briefing Senior Advocates
- Working with the Management team in Practice Development
- Participating in team building
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams as well as other practice areas
- Maintaining MIS of records and finance
- Handling matters from Plaintiff(s)/Petitioner(s), Defendant(s)/ Respondent(s) and Intervener(s) end
Working Knowledge of Acts/ Subjects required (Must):
Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Evidence Act, Negotiable Instruments Act, Transfer of Property Act, Specific Relief Act, Commercial Courts Act, Constitution of India, Indian Penal Code, Limitation Act, Registration Act, Stamp Act, Suits Valuation Act, Delhi Rent Control Act, Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Consumer Protection Act, Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, Delhi Land Reforms Act, Hindu Marriage Act, Hindu Succession Act, Guardianship and Wards Act, Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, Motor Vehicles Act, Sales of Goods Act, MSMED Act, etc.
Working Experience of Nature of Cases/ Assignments (Must):
Transfer Petitions and SLPs, Writs (Certiorari, Mandamus), Civil Misc. Main (u/A 227 Constitution of India), Regular First and Second Appeals, Recovery Suits (Money), Summary Suits (Recovery of Money), Commercial Suits, Possession (Tenancy Disputes, Adverse Possession), Specific Performance of Contracts, Declaration, Injunctions, Civil Revisions, Arbitrations, S.9, 34 and 37 Arbitration and Conciliation Act Petitions, Criminal Revisions, Criminal Complaints (u/s 156, 200 Cr.P.C.), S.138 Negotiable Instruments Act Complaints, MV Act matters, FIR cases (white collar crimes), Prevention of Corruption Act cases, Essential Commodity Act cases, Bails, Matrimonial cases, Succession and Partition cases, Consumer Protection Act Complaints, Revisions and Appeals, etc.
Required Qualification and Skills
- Bachelors/ Masters in Law with at least 7 years experience in independent practice/ chamber/ law firm
- Experience of independent appearance before Courts/ Tribunals in Delhi
- In-depth knowledge of Procedural laws and court practice
- Proficient research skills and IT skills
- Knowledge of research tools such as Manupatra, SCC Online
- Proficient drafting skills are a must
- Skill to research case laws, facts and material facts till desired results met
- Ability to take the onus and end-to-end responsibility for matters and clients
- The knack for keeping updated with the latest case laws, amendments, government policies, etc.
- Eye for minute details
- Out-of-the-box thinking approach to devise strategies in complex legal matters
- Excellent command of language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidence and ability to independently handle matters
- Zeal to learn and grow
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
Punjabi Bagh, West Delhi
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-