They’re building a movement – an education revolution.
They’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At their core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
Apply Board is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. They simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do they help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
About The Role
The candidate will be joining the Legal team of ApplyBoard India and will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts. This will also include ensuring compliances requirements are met and providing advisory services in this sector.
They are looking for someone who has previous experience in reviewing and negotiating contracts and advising on commercial transactions. The individual should have excellent communication skills, good analytical skills and should be able to articulate and highlight the issues and solutions with proper clarity. They are also looking for someone who is a team player and builds good working relationships with internal clients.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the review and negotiation of a broad spectrum of commercial contracts, including but not limited to, service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, product supply agreements, licensing agreements, manufacturing agreements, amendment agreements.
- Understand queries from business teams and suggest legally compliant solutions.
- Work on standardizing templates and on various Policies of the Company
- Research on various aspects of law applicable to the business of the Company.
- Work on contracts including Master Services agreements, partnership agreements, non-disclosure agreements, vendor agreements, leave and license agreements, lease agreements, human resource-related agreements, administrative services agreements, IT services agreements, and other such agreements and assist or guide the senior management of the Company regarding the same.
What You’ll Need
- LL.B. degree from a reputable institution.
- 2 years of experience in working with in-house teams or law firms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be a good team player.
- High professional integrity and ethical standards.
- Should be responsible and should require minimal supervision in handling day-to-day work.
Life at Apply Board: By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
About ApplyBoard: ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020.
ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard.
Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: