About the Job Role
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently.
You are collaborative – ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product initiatives and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate product launches and initiatives in India.
- Manage all aspects of litigation disputes, and advise pre-litigation disputes, regulatory investigations, and other contentious matters.
- Advise executive management and cross-functional project teams in other regions with regard to potential legal risks in India. Ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in region.
- Work closely with various legal, product, engineering, and business team members to provide counseling on litigation disputes.
- Work with external legal counsel on specific matters ranging from regulatory issues to expert advice requests and to take an active role in litigation disputes.
- Bachelor’s of Law, comparable law degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant advisory and regulatory experience within the intellectual property, financial, and technology related areas in India.
- Experience working on product advisory assignments and managing litigation in India with a multinational company.
- Well-organized with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from the complex matters to the routine standard matters.
Gurgaon (now, Gurugram), Haryana
Link to apply
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.