The candidate will work closely with senior management and team leaders across our Latin America, United States, and India offices. Successful track record and experience with international trade finance legal frameworks or/and capital markets experience is a plus. An ideal candidate would have served as an Associate General Counsel or Head of Legal previously at a financial services company and successfully scaled up the function.
- Advise internal business teams on a variety of legal topics such as launching a product, raising capital (debt and equity), vendor agreements, intellectual property, security, and the general legal framework for inhouse policies and procedures
- Research and advise on legal risks associated with local laws and the development of new products and services.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts.
- Taking the lead on legal matters when applicable by supporting the C-level executives, Capital Markets, and Finance teams
- Monitor pending/emerging legislation and regulation and advise the business teams of regulatory developments
- Responsible for anticipating and addressing potential legal risks
- Manage outside counsel along with business teams
- JD degree from a top law school
- At least 5 – 8 years of experience advising on trade finance products and US Securities Law
- Experience advising on compliance with international and domestic trade financial regulations.
- Member in good standing of the State Bar of California or eligible for an in-house exception
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess legal business risks in a fast-paced environment
- Commercial awareness and acumen with a bias for action
- Previous work in-house at a financial services company preferred
- Understanding state licensing and exams is a plus
- Trade finance experience is a plus
- Financial Services
For regular updates, join us: