About the Organisation
A.K. Mylsamy and Associates is a leading law firm headquartered in Chennai, providing comprehensive and business specific Corporate Law solutions since 1964. They are hiring Senior and Junior associates at their offices.
Their sister concern IBC Cases is a website where summaries of IBC cases are uploaded to enable the audience to view the judgment/ order with ease. They are hiring interns for the website.
Number of Vacancies
2 (two): Senior Associate in Chennai
2 (two): Junior Associate in Chennai
2 (two): Junior Associate in Coimbatore
Duration: 6 months to 1 year
For the post of Associates:
- The candidate must hold 5 years of experience of working at the High Court in both litigation and non-litigation and must be enrolled with the Bar Council if Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate must have an experience of working in civil litigation, corporate law, IBC, IPR, Competition Law, Direct taxes and Arbitration matter.
- The candidate must be fluent in spoken and written english.
- The candidate must be punctual and disciplined.
For the Interns:
- The applicants must be law students currently in their 3rd, 4th or 5th year of study.
For the Associates:
- The associates will be responsible for drafting and researching.
- The associates will be responsible for attending courts and tribunal hearings.
For the Interns:
- The interns will be responsible to draft and summarize cases from the NCLT, NCLAT and Supreme Court which will be assigned to them.
- The cases will be allotted Bench wise and it will be on rotation basis.
- The case summaries will have to be done in a set format/template which will be given to them.
Benefits of the Internship for the Interns:
- The internship will provide the candidates with the adequate industrial know-how required in this field by way of quick reading and picking up relevant points that make up a case.
- The interns will learn how to draft a judgement and order from scratch and this will in turn help in their vocabulary and faster typing.
- This is another way of getting oneself acquainted with the latest happening in the industry as the interns will be keeping abreast of the latest Judgments/ Cases.
The salary of the Associates will be according to industry standards.
The stipend of the interns will be Rs 2000 per month. Incentives will depend on the performance of the individual.
How to apply?
Candidates interested for the position of the Associates must send their CVs to mani[at]akmllp.com and subathra[st]akmllp.com
Candidates applying for the Online Internship must send their CVs to subathra[at]akmllp.com and nithya[at]akmllp.com