Indian National Association of Legal Professionals (INALP) seeks qualified applicants for a full-time, one-month internship (with the possibility of renewal) as part of INALP’s Intern Team in the New Delhi office. In this position you will gain on-the-job experience of researching, writing and interpreting law and policy.
This internship will also help in the professional development through networking. During this internships, the interns will tackle initiatives such as policy, advocacy, communications, member engagement and many more. Interns will also participate in training and development opportunities.
The Internship is available to current law students for the duration of one month.
This is an unpaid position with the opportunity for a small stipend, and students will receive a letter of completion plus letters of recommendation for their higher studies.
- Legal research: Interns conduct research and respond to inquiries regarding current developments in the field of law nationally & internationally.
- Policy research: The interns will research on policy matters related to the field of law such as Data Protection, Climate Policy and Trade Policy.
- Legal Aid Cases: Interns research the cases of underrepresented sections and help prepare case summaries provided to lawyers considering pro bono cases.
- Newsletter: Interns propose and write content for the newsletter that includes Supreme Court decisions, and other noteworthy developments.
- Website: INALP maintains a website that contains resources for members. Interns are responsible for keeping the site records updated and posting new items.
- Editing: INALP maintains thousands of resource materials from both national and international sources. The intern will be asked to edit and format these documents and keep detailed accounts of all files. Attention to detail is of the utmost importance.
- Social Media: INALP maintains an active social media presence that is followed by reporters, lawyers, academics, advocates, and the public. Interns research and post content on INALP’s social media pages and are encouraged to explore ideas that diversity content and increase the INALP’s online presence and exposure.
- Contact database: The interns can be asked to regularly review our database of our members and supporters and update contact information as necessary.
Other duties as assigned: Interns are encouraged to explore areas of interest to them while interning at the internship, and creativity and initiative are highly valued. Attend partner events and represent INALP’s brand in meetings with external partners; Coordination with multilateral and international organisations on behalf of INALP. Interns are expected to be self-starters, motivated, and interested in contributing significantly to the INALP and its mission.
- Currently pursuing – LLB ( 5 years/3Years), LLM and fresh graduates.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal, policy and multilateral institutions.
- ability to write about law, policy and relations;
- Ability to write for the web and social media;
- Technologically savvy, with strong knowledge of web usability and social media; Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Ability to work on a team in a dynamic environment.
Please send the following in an email to office[at]indianlegalassociation.org (with “Internship – INALP” as the email subject):
- A cover letter telling us why you want the internship and what you can add to the team;
- Current resume /CV;
- A short writing sample;
- Please state in your application your availability to commence the internship.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a telephonic interview. The positions will be filled as soon as successful candidates are identified.