The NITI Aayog Internship
NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India), Government of India had initiated an Internship Scheme in 2015. This Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing UG/Graduate/PG Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized universities/Institutions within India or abroad.
About the Internship Scheme
The interns shall be given exposure to various Verticals/Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to supplement the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information.
Duration of Internship
At least 6 (Six) weeks but not exceeding 6 (Six) months.
Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- UG students, having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of 2nd year/4th semester of the bachelor degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of first-year/2nd semester of their post-graduate program or persuing research/PhD and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that they have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of result of the final exam and the desired month of the internship should not exceed 6 (Six) months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning till the month of December.
Procedure to Apply
- The interested applicants may apply online only on the website of NITI Aayog by the 10th of February, 2022.
- The application can only be made six months in advance but not later than 2 months before the month in which the internship is desired.
- Applicants must also clearly indicate the area of interest.
- Please Note: A candidate can apply for an internship only once during a financial year.
- The selected applicant has to produce original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be canceled. (Format given in Annexure ‘C’ of the official notification).
Internship applications will be accepted ONLINE only from the 1st (00:00 hrs) to the 10th (23:59 hrs) of every month. No other mode of application will be accepted.
For technical issues relating to submissions online, contact NIC at firstname.lastname@example.org
For issues regarding the status of the application, contact the vertical/division to which you have applied or wish to apply for the internship. For contact details of each vertical/division– https://www.niti.gov.in/sites/default/files/2021-10/List-of-email-ids-of-Advisers.pdf
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.