This unique opportunity primarily involves assisting the MP in their legislative work associated with the Parliament, which includes
- Legislative Research
- Data Analysis
- Submitting Parliamentary Questions
- Framing speeches for parliamentary interventions
- Drafting Private Member Bills
- Constituency related work
- Preparing editorials and news snippets for publication
Legislative intern will have to perform research on various subjects related to science, economics, law etc. In addition they will be mentored by a Member of Parliament (MP) during the course of the internship. Also they will gain first-hand experience about working at the confluence of politics and policy.
Eligibility and Selection:
MP’s seek to engage with pro-active individuals having passion to work in the field of policy making:
- Individuals must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years.
- Working for 8-12 weeks as an intern is mandatory. (15-20 hours per WEEK)
- Can work both in online and offline mode.
Why should an individual apply?
- Comprehensive development of research abilities.
- Gives broad understanding of various subject domains.
- Letters of Recommendation along with guidance from MP’s for future course of action.
- Experiential learning in the field of policy making.
- Provides an edge over other candidates during interviews and other selection process.
- Fully paid trip to Delhi during the Monsoon session of Parliament (Subject to Government restrictions).
- Apart from these it paves way for myriad of openings and job opportunities in the politico-policy space. Interns are encouraged to make maximum use of this opportunity.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
- Candidates will be short listed after evaluating the answers. These individuals will be called for an interview before the final selection.
May 4, 2021