Ministry of Woman and Child Development (MWCD) is inviting nomination from students undergoing Graduation/Post Graduation Course indifferentacademic Institutions/Universities under ‘Internship Programmes of the Ministry by offering short-term orientation.
The students/scholars enrolled in different Universities/Academic Institution willing to undertake pilot projects/micro-studies focusing on the ongoing activities of the Ministry may forward their nomination through the Head of the institution to this Ministry. The Ministry provides a qualitative exposure to students to its mandate and also have specific programmes and policy analysis at the hands of the target group to make them proactive to raise the issue of women and children on various platforms in future.
Duration of Internship Programme and activities
The internship programme would have following types of durations and activities to be undertaken:
(A) Short term internship of one month duration:
- Participation in planning and research related activities at elementary level for exposure to the schemes and programmes of the Ministry.
- Developing vision and mission for betterment of women and children; critical appraisal of schemes/ programmes of the Ministry and outside the Ministry emerging in the current scenario for improving lot of women and children in the country.
- Compilation/collation of data/information on various schemes of the Ministry and policy relevant statistics.
- Visit to field projects.
- Any other activities that may be necessary in the interest of the Ministry and Interns.
(B) Internship for 2 months duration:
- Participation in planning and research related activities. Students are expected to undertake short duration pilot studies/surveys besides undertaking evaluation of MWCD schemes on the issues identified and justified by them or issues listed by the Ministry form its areas of interest/work.
- To provide inputs for policy formulation/scheme implementation through empirical research work with the Ministry to supplement the process of policy formulation, implementation of scheme and other initiatives related to women and children.
- Participation in-country Seminars/Work or interaction at any such platforms that MWCD may find relevant for young students/scholars for exposure in the field of gender issues and children.
(C) Internship for 6 months duration:
The Activities for Interns during this period will be as provided under point (B) above.
For more details and application procedure please refer the link below-
For regular updates, join us: