About RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review
The RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review (RFMLR) is a bi-annual, student run, double- blind peer-reviewed law journal published by RGNUL, Punjab. The journal was first published in the year 2014 and gives an opportunity to the legal academia, legal professionals, and law students to contribute cutting-edge doctrinal and empirical research in the field of business and commercial laws. The journal is indexed on SCC Online and has been ranked as the 6th most accessed law school journals by SCC Online.
ABOUT VOLUME IX ISSUE I
In Volume IX Issue I, the Editorial Board aspires to undertake a comprehensive review of recent happenings across all domains of business laws, and thus, has decided to invite submissions relating to all areas of business and allied laws. In furtherance, the author(s) can make submissions pertaining to various areas of business and commercial laws such as corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, competition, insolvency, banking and finance, insurance, capital markets,
securities, dispute resolution and ADR, international trade, investment funds, labour and employment, taxation, intellectual property, real estate, technology, media & telecommunication, and white-collar crimes. Submissions encouraging an insightful discourse around any contemporary developments in the field of business and allied laws are also welcome.
The Editorial Board invites submissions from legal practitioners, professionals,
academics, and law students.
CATEGORIES OF SUBMISSION AND WORD LIMIT
RFMLR accepts submissions in the following categories:
• Long Article: 6000-12,000 words
• Short Article: 4000-6000 words
• Case Comment: 3000-5000 words
• Book Review: 1500-3000 words
The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- The submissions shall be in English language only.
- Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of two authors.
- The Editorial Board prefers submissions that are lucid, contemporarily relevant, grammatically coherent, and well-researched. The submission should contain a novel analysis of the legal issues addressed by the author(s). The Editorial Board encourages analytical submissions with concrete suggestions over descriptive submissions with generic suggestions.
- Any form of plagiarism is strictly prohibited and the submission shall be original, unpublished, and an outcome of the author’s own efforts.
- The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions and views stated in the submitted manuscript.
- The name(s) of the author(s) or institution(s) must not be mentioned anywhere in the body of the submission.
- The author(s) shall refrain from submitting the manuscript elsewhere during the pendency of the review process. If the theme of the manuscript is contemporaneous to the time of submission and a delayed publication would render the research irrelevant, the author(s) may request an expedited review of their submission. Request for expeditious review is granted by the Editorial Board at its discretion on a case-by-case basis.
- The author(s) are required to submit an abstract, not exceeding 250 words, within their manuscript.
- The author(s) shall refrain from referring themselves in first person in the manuscript. Further, while referring to case laws, the author(s) shall use the names of the parties instead of referring them as “petitioners”, “appellants”, “respondents”, etc.
- Since RFMLR is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal, the review process is very thorough to ensure that only the finest manuscripts get published in the journal. The Editorial Board strives to review the manuscripts expeditiously. However, since the peer reviewers are working professionals, the entire review process, especially the peer review stage, can take some time. The author(s) are requested to duly take this into cognizance while submitting the manuscript
- Body: Submissions shall be typewritten in Times New Roman, font size 12 with line spacing 1.5 and justified alignment.
- Footnotes: Citations shall be in accordance with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.). All the footnotes shall be typewritten in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing and justified alignment. Use of speaking footnotes is strictly prohibited.
- The manuscripts shall be submitted through this Google Form only. Submissions made through any other mode will not be entertained.
- Each author is allowed to submit a maximum of one manuscript.
- Manuscript is to be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- The author(s) shall submit the manuscript along with a duly signed Certificate of Originality and Copyright (in this format).
The author(s) shall submit the manuscript along with the duly signed Certificate of Originality and
Copyright (in the attached format) via this form latest by October 30, 2021.
- Aditya Mathur (Managing Editor): +91-9654899130
- Soumya Tiwari (Managing Editor): +91-7000855319
- Talin Bhardwaj (Senior Editor): +91-9592191016
For regular updates, join us: