About Health Systems Transformation Platform
Health Systems Transformation Platform (HSTP) is a not-for-profit organization based in New Delhi, India. Our mission is to enable policymakers and researchers in the Indian health systems to generate and utilize evidence for improving health outcomes and financial protection. We work in collaboration with Indian and global expertise through enhancing stakeholders’ capabilities for health systems redesigning, validating interventions, and fostering policy dialogues. HSTP’s strategic focus areas are health insurance, health service delivery-primary healthcare, health policy and systems research, and health systems governance. Our experts have vast experience in health systems, policy-relevant research, intervention design, implementation, and evaluation. Our work may also expand to access to medicines, technology, quality of care, digital health, health information systems, etc. depending on emerging needs.
This internship request is for bright, enthusiastic, and hardworking interns to join and support the Health Systems Governance team at HSTP for a period of 2 – 3-month in 2022. The intern will perform a range of tasks, which can include a selection from the below but are not limited to these:
- Assist in the development of documents, reports, background papers, commissioning, and collation of policy briefs.
- Assist in compilation of evidence on health regulations, which could include information on court judgments and orders, and state government orders on different aspects of health care delivery.
- Conduct legal research and assist in drafting health legislation.
- Support the review and update of the content of relevant web pages on the HSTP website.
- Support in organizing events on issues concerning health regulations in India.
- Support in developing communication material to increase people’s awareness of patients’ rights and laws.
- Any other tasks as directed by HSG specialist.
- Students pursuing post-graduate studies in Public Health, Health Administration, Public Policy, or related Social Science subjects from recognized Institutions/Colleges/Law Schools/Universities in India or abroad are eligible for the internship.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Should have a good understanding of health systems issues.
- Should have the ability to produce results within deadlines and work well under pressure, be flexible and independent, and possess problem-solving skills.
The period of internship shall be a minimum of two months, and not exceed three months. It may also depend on matching the individual’s or the institution/university’s preference and HSG’s areas of work and need.
HSTP offers a stipend of Rs.25,000 (rupees twenty-five thousand only) per month during the period of the internship. Work-related travel reimbursements will be made as per HSTP travel policy.
The location of the internship will be the HSTP office, New Delhi with travel to work sites depending on the terms of reference. However, in specific cases, interns may be posted in the district/ state at the research site as per specific ToR.
A certificate regarding the successful completion of the internship shall be issued by HSTP. The internship may be discontinued at any time without payment of any stipend if the performance of the intern is not found satisfactory or the intern is absent without the authorization of the mentor.
- Application for the internship is to be made by the candidate in the given format (Annexure attached).
- The candidate should include the (1) latest CV, (2) a statement of interest of about 200 words broadly covering a brief introduction of the area of work, topic (3) proof of enrolment or completion of a degree course.
- The internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The application needs to be made one month in advance before the month in which the internship is desired.
- Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for internship in Health Systems Governance”.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates, we can catchup at-