About the Organiser
The Centre for Studies in Banking and Finance (“CSBF”), National Law University, Jodhpur was established by the Reserve Bank of India in 2002 to provide a venue for scholars and practitioners to exchange views on banking and financial systems through its various undertakings and activities.
The Centre seeks to promote vibrancy and increase intellectual participation in the banking sector, capital markets, and other sectors related to financial services.
About the Essay Writing Competition 2022
The Centre for Studies in Banking and Finance (“CSBF”), National Law University, Jodhpur is inviting submissions for the “3rd NLUJ CSBF Essay Writing Competition, 2022” in association with JSA, Eastern Book Company (EBC) and SCC Online.
- Future of Alternative Investment Funds: New Investment Market and Corporate Governance Competitor
- Validity of ESOPs to Non-permanent Employees: Implications of SEBI’s Recommendation
- RBI’s crusade against IPO financing
- MSME stress and the efficacy of Pre-pack
- Analyzing the liability of a guarantor after completion of CIRP in light of the Indian Contracts Act
- Issues with Over Valuation of Startups getting listed.
- First Prize: INR 25,000 /- and a merit certificate;
- Second Prize: INR 20,000/- and a merit certificate;
- Third Prize: INR 15,000/- and a merit certificate;
- Certificate for special mention to the fourth and fifth best entry;
- JSA will consider the authors of the best entries for an internship opportunity with the firm;
- The best five entries will also receive a one-year subscription of EBC Learning and SCC Online; and
- The best five entries will be considered for publication on the CSBF Blog.
- The first page of the submission should only contain the title of the paper, followed by the 200 word abstract.
- The second page must contain a table of contents, and the main body of the manuscript should begin immediately thereafter.
- The word limit for the essay is 3500 words. The word limit is exclusive of the footnotes.
- All the submissions must be an original and unpublished work of the author(s). All the submissions will be checked for plagiarism and those with plagiarism percentage over the permissible limit (i.e., 20%) will be summarily rejected.
- Disclosure of information regarding the identity of the author(s), including, but not limited to name, institutional assistance, professional details, etc., within the body of the manuscript or other properties of the document submitted is strictly prohibited. Any violation of the anonymity requirement will lead to disqualification of the manuscript for the purposes of the competition.
- Formatting Guidelines: Garamond; Size 12; Justified; 1.5 Spacing. Footnoting Guidelines: Garamond; Size 10; Justified; 1 spacing.
- The participants are required to submit their manuscript only by filling out the Google Form. The form can be accessed by clicking on the link- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfxzs8Qh2DfiUA99lBkMFzKGfdOGUDub5Ks04WZBTQdkDrgfQ/viewform
- The link to our form would also be available on CSBF’s official website: csbfnluj.wordpress.com
- Last date for submission of manuscripts: March 05, 2022
- Tentative dates of announcement of results: First week of May, 2022
- The authorities must be cited in the form of footnotes.
- Citations must follow a uniform format of citation throughout the submission.
- The participants are required to provide the title of the name of the author, article/report/blog, date of publication, and active web-link for the authorities cited wherever possible.
- In case of large documents such as reports, long articles, cases, etc. the author(s) must include the relevant paragraph/page of the authority being cited.
- Speaking/explanatory citations are discouraged.
- A co-authorship of not more than two (2) authors is permitted.
- By submitting the article, the author(s) forfeit their copyright over their manuscript in favor of the organizers.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the organisers will be final and binding. The Centre retains absolute discretion in marking the manuscripts.
Mail at: email@example.com
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.