Indian School of Democracy is organizing a 9-day immersive learning journey called the Democracy Express 2022 from November 5 to 13 and inviting registration for the same.
Indian School of Democracy’s mission is to nurture principled leaders with moral courage and imagination and to work on strengthening four pillars of Indian democracy – legislative, executive, judiciary, and media. The end goal is to make democracy work for all citizens.
- The word politics has become stained in today’s world – we want to change that.
- Elections are getting expensive, there is tough competition within the parties, and minimal interaction between youth and political leaders. There are very few relatable role models in Indian Politics for the youth today.
- In this journey, you will:
- Understand different pathways to politics
- Reclaim politics as an avenue of public service
- Build a community of principled leaders
- Design and visualize your own political journey
- Receive personal mentoring support
- Who is it for?
- The organisers are looking for young political leaders with active on-ground political experience and clear political aspirations.
- You could be a 1) Party member 2) Student politician 3) Activist 4) Media person 5) In independent political role 6) Specialized political role
- They are inviting 40 participants between the Age 18 – 50 years
- Leaders from different parties, states, genders, and social backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please note that this program will be conducted in Hindi. Hence, proficiency in Hindi (comprehension and conversational) is a must.
There are 2 rounds (Application form and video interview) in the application process
Skills & Knowledge
- Learn about topics like the history of the constitution, political ideologies, caste, political history of India, and democracy
- Build skills like election campaign strategy, political communication, and political fundraising
- Engage with progressive leaders and unsung heroes within the political landscape, across cities and villages
- Build a diverse network of aspiring future leaders
- Reflect on your political purpose and values in your political journey
- Experience processes like padayatra, shramdaan, community work with a focus on inner transformation
Fees & Contribution
- Our sincere intention is to make this program accessible to everyone, irrespective of socio-economic status.
- The program cost is 40,000 INR. Each participant is expected to contribute between 10,000-40,000 INR based on their capacity. They operate on a trust-based model in that each participant will contribute according to their capacity.
- They provide special scholarships to women and people from marginalized communities.
September 4, 2022
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.