About the Organizers
Uttaranchal University, located at Dehradun, Uttarakhand was established by an Act of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly. The University has been accredited with Grade “A+” by NAAC.
Law College Dehradun is a flagship institution of Uttaranchal University under the aegis of Sushila Devi Centre for Professional Studies and Research.
Aarambh is the Debating Society of the Law college. Students are encouraged to participate in events all over the country, where they get exposure to various formats of debates. The topics and issues chosen for various debates and discussions are selected, keeping in mind, the need of a law student to be in touch with relevant social issues.
About the Event
Debate is a method of formally presenting an argument in a disciplined manner. Logical consistency, factual accuracy and some degree of emotional appeal to the audience are elements in debating, where one side often prevails over the other party by presenting a superior “context” and/or framework of the issue. The outcome of a debate may depend upon consensus or some formal way of reaching a resolution, rather than the objective facts.
The Concurs De Debate is a National Level Conventional Debate organized by Aarambh the Debating Society, to effectively broaden the scope of orating skills among all the participants.
Rules of the Debate
- The topic for the debate is-“THBT student migration is a failure of education system in India. इस सदन का मानना है कि छात्रों का प्रवास भारत की शिक्षा प्रणाली की विफलता है।
- The debate shall be bilingual, either exclusively in English or exclusively in Hindi.
- The speakers shall not disclose their identities and shall only represent themselves by the team codes allotted to them.
- Each team shall be called by their team code and they are required to leave the podium together after their respective speeches.
- The speakers shall come to the podium as a team where one shall speak in the favour of the motion and the other shall speak against the motion.
- Each speaker shall be allotted a total time limit of 5 mins i.e (4+1) where the last minute shall be given to conclude the topic.
- The completion of the time limit of fourth min shall be indicated as single bell and the final bell to conclude the topic at the last 5th minute shall be indicated as a double bell.
- After the speech is made, the particular speaker shall be open to the floor for rebuttal. Only a participant from another team can ask a rebuttal.
- The answer to the rebuttal shall not exceed 1 minute.
- Only one rebuttal will be permitted per participant.
- No speaker shall be allowed to carry any piece of paper or gadget to the podium, a violation of which shall result in disqualification. The decision of the jury shall be final.
- Violation of any rule may cause disqualification of the whole team with the discretion of the jury.
- Participant must be a bona fide student of the concerned university or college and must furnish a communiqué along with a proof of identity issued by the competent authority of the institution.
- Team :
- Each College/ University may send maximum two teams comprising of two individual each. Team participation shall mandatorily be in English and Hindi i.e., One team in English and the other in Hindi.
- However if the College/University is unable to arrange such bilingual teams, then it may send only one team in any one of the languages.
Procedure of Registration
- The participants must register through a single registration form.
- Registration Fee:
- A team of two members speaking in Hindi along with a team of two members speaking in English will fill a single form providing details of all the four candidates of the two teams by paying a fee of INR 800 for two teams.
- In case, where only one team is registering from an institution, the form shall be filled by the two candidates of the same team after paying a registration fee of INR 500 for one team.
- After paying the registrations fee, the participants are required to upload the screen shot of the payment in the registration form. Upon successful registration, a confirmation E-mail shall be sent to the participants.
- Find the registration form link- click here
Accommodation of Participants
- The participants shall be provided accommodation within the campus, if it is opted by them.
- The female participants shall be accommodated in the Girls Hostel under the supervision of hostel wardens and organizing committee.
- Likewise, the male participants shall be accommodated in the Boys Hostel under the supervision of hostel wardens and the organizing committee.
Rewards and Prizes
Cash prizes worth INR 65,000
- Last date for registration: April 24, 2022
- Date of Event: April 29, 2022
- +91 89348 43171 (Mansi Singh, Member)
- +91 9024694976 (Shatakshi Sharma, Member)
- +91 63944 95588 (Swapnil Srivastava, Member)
- For Payment Related Queries: 7217828354 ( Parth Narayan Singh, Treasurer)
- Chairperson: 7589233322 (Mr. Amit Kumar)
In case of any queries, drop a mail at email@example.com
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.