The Federal District University Center, Brazil, Gokul Global University, India, and U.S. Brazil Comparative Law Institute (USBCli) are organising a virtual certificate course on the Brazilian Federal Supreme Court and Supreme Court of India in Perspective.
The present research project will be developed within the scope of a Virtual Exchange initiative, resulting from the partnership between the Federal District University Center – UDF and U.S. Brazil Comparative Law Institute (USBCli), both situated in Brazil, and the Gokul Global University, in India, with the purpose of enabling the involved professors and students to interact interculturally and develop a project in collaboration with people inserted in other cultural and legal contexts.
- September 22, 2022: Online event – Lecture given by the Professors engaged in the project presenting the theme of the project. After that, groups with students from Brazil and India will be created and assigned with the research topics related to the inaugural class given by the Professors.
- October 13, 2022: Online meeting when students from both countries will present the status of the study conducted together.
- November 10, 2022: Online event – Final lecture given by the Professors from both countries and a presentation of the key results of the research conducted by the students from Brazil and India.
- All the sessions shall be tentatively scheduled at 7 pm IST (10.30 am Brazil Time)
- Students are expected to interact with their pairs from both countries to conduct the activities that will be assigned by the Professors responsible for this project.
- Group(s) will be created in the first meeting to conduct the tasks assigned.
- On November 10, 2022, the group(s) will present the key findings of their activities to the other group(s) and Professors.
- Prof. (Dr.) Akil Ali Saiyed, Pro Vice Chancellor, Gokul Global University (India)
- Prof. (Dr.) Paulo Campanha, Professor, Federal District University Center – UDF (Brazil)
- About the Resource Persons
- Prof. Faiz Ayat Ansari (India)
- Mr. Faiz Ayat Ansari is an Assistant Professor of Law and Coordinator, Centre for Constitutional Law and Policy (CCLP) at Parul Institute of Law, Faculty of Law, Parul University, Vadodara; a Ph.D. Research Scholar at the National Law School of India University, Bengaluru, and a Researcher and Collaborator at Mediterranea International Centre for Human Rights Research, Reggio Calabria, Italy.
- He is also an alumnus of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, where he pursued his LL.M. in Constitutional and Administrative Law. He has been a member of the Legal Education Awareness Foundation, New Delhi, and has been invited to deliver guest lectures at prestigious international institutions like the Federal District University Centre (UDF), Brazil, the Mediterranea International Centre for Human Rights Research, Italy, and the Tashkent State University of Law, Uzbekistan.
- He has previously co-authored a book titled ‘Law and Justice in the Era of Globalization’ and co-edited six books on areas like Constitutional law, Comparative Public Law, Media law, and International Law. He is also a recipient of the Dr. J.K. Patel Memorial Award in 2021 and 2022 for his contribution to research and academics.
- Prof. Dr. Ricardo José Macedo de Britto Pereira (Brazil)
- Ricardo José Macedo de Britto Pereira holds a Ph.D. in Labor Law from Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain), a Post-Doctorate from Cornell University ILR School (2018), Master of Law from Syracuse University (2018), Professor of the Master’s Program in Social and Labor Relations Law at UDF University Center (Brazil), Former Deputy Attorney General of the Labor Prosecutor’s Office in Brazil and has experience in the areas of Labor Law, Procedural Labor Law, Constitutional Law, and General Theory of Law.
- Prof. Dr. João Carlos Souto (Brazil) João Carlos Souto, Professor of Constitutional Law (UDF/Brazil), Attorney of the National Treasury (AGU/Brazil), former Public Defender of the State of Bahia, President of the U.S. Brazil Comparative Law Institute (USBCLI), Lecturer and author of the book “U.S. Supreme Court – Most Important Decisions”.
- Prof. Faiz Ayat Ansari (India)
Students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate law programs, research scholars, academicians, and legal professionals anywhere across the globe.
September 20, 2022
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.