An Introduction of CCI
Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 and promoting competition throughout India, and preventing activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
About the Internship
- In view of Covid-19 pandemic, the regular CCI internship programme has been suspended for the time being. However, for the benefit of students, the Commission will continue its Online Internship beyond June 2021 and upto September 2021.
- For July 2021 to September 2021 Online Internships, eligible applicants whose applications received by 7th of preceding month (for example, for internship of July 2021-application should be received by 7th of June 2021, for internship of August 2021- application should be received by 7th of July 2021 and for internship of September 2021 application should be received by 7th of August 2021) shall only be considered. Applications mandatorily be in the prescribed format available on CCI website at: –https://www.cci.gov.in/sites/default/files/cci_pdf/internships1.pdf. Applications in other formats shall be rejected summarily. Statement of Purpose should be accompanied with the application which should reflect reason for selection and probable area of research/internship project.
- Applicants shall submit their applications duly signed/ endorsed by their colleges/institutions in the space specifically provided in application form with the heading ‘CERTIFICATION AND RECOMMENDATION BY INSTITUTION’ Or in alternative, applications must be accompanied with a scanned copy of email/letter from the respective institution certifying that the student is a bona fide student of the institution and pursuing the course (with year) mentioned in the application for internship. Such email/letter must be issued by Dean/Registrar/HoD/Director/Authorized Officials. Applications shall be sent in PDF mode by online only. Hard copies of applications shall not be accepted.
- The emails carrying such requests shall indicate “Online Internship during the month of (mention intended month) 2021” as subject/title of email. All such requests for online internship must be sent at email- email@example.com. Applications sent at/addressed to any other email ID shall not be considered.
- The shortlisted candidates shall be allocated guides/mentors who are Officers of CCI. The interns will be provided contact details of their mentors/guides for being in regular touch with them to complete the assigned work. The duration of online internship (a week/ two weeks/ three weeks/ a month) shall be decided by the mentor/guide depending on the work assigned. In first week of every month, online orientation programme will be organized for selected students by Advocacy Division of CCI and a review meeting will be conducted in second week of the month through virtual mode. No request for internship beyond one month shall be accepted.
- On certification/confirmation by concerned mentor/guide that the assigned intern has worked/completed the internship to his satisfaction, an electronic certificate for the period of internship shall be awarded to the interns through electronic mode. Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through contact details (email id) provided by them in their requests/applications.
*NOTE– NO STIPEND/HONORARIUM SHALL BE PAID TO INTERNS FOR ONLINE INTERNSHIP.
No queries/enquiries, whatsoever, shall be entertained regarding online internship.
For regular updates, join us: