About MNLU andMGCL
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai (MNLUM) is established under Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014.
Mar Gregorios College of Law (MGCL) is administered by the Major Archdiocese of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Major Archiepiscopal Church through the Malankara Catholic Educational Society of the Archdiocese of Trivandrum. The college is affiliated with the University of Kerala and recognized by the Bar Council of India.
About the conference
The national conference of environmental law faculties is a comparatively new and creative initiative with an aim to create a national-level network of environmental law faculties so that fruitful interventions can be made with respect to the policies and laws relating to the environment.
The evolving environmental jurisprudence has brought in a new area of crimes namely environmental crimes. Of late, there had been elaborate discussions and deliberations about the nature and ambit of emerging environmental crimes. It is necessary to spread awareness about environmental crimes and the present and future trends of environmental crimes
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/P2NRhNFSeZCJNJ8n7
- Registration with paper presentation/ publication: Rs. 700/-
- Registration without a paper presentation/publication: Rs. 200/-
Note: Fees will not be refunded.
- Name of the Payee: MNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice
- Account No: 8709000100020465, Saving Account
- Name of Bank & Branch: Punjab National Bank, Powai
- IFSC Code: PUNB0870900
Academicians, legal practitioners, research scholars, law students, Environmentalists, Activists and others may participate in the Seminar.
- All submissions must be in the Microsoft word Format with a one-inch margin on all sides.
- The text must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing
- Citation Style: Bluebook 20th Edition style of citation should be followed throughout.
- Word Limit: 4000-4500 words (excluding footnotes).
- Research Papers should be written in the English Language.
Publication of Selected Papers
The selected papers will be published in the upcoming Journal of Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai or/and published in the form of a book depending on the quality of the papers and subject to University Policy.
Sub-Themes: Following are the thematic areas spread in various sessions, the themes are purely indicative in nature
- Conventional Crimes of pollution
- Trade-related environmental crimes including smuggling of certain chemicals and
Wild Life Products
- Pollution and Crime arising out of Improper disposal of Waste
- Forest and Wildlife related Crimes
- Polluting Oceans and Marine Resources
- Polluting Air and Outer space
- Falsifying data pertaining to environmental regulations
- All submissions must be original and unpublished work of the author/s and should not have been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed. Multiple entries same authors are not allowed.
- Articles will pass through blind peer review and acceptance will be subject to the report of the peer review team. Submissions not meeting the requirements mentioned will not be reviewed. The Editorial Board reserves the rights to accept and reject the submissions at any stage of the review
- Citations are required and the links to the citations should be added along with it. Authors may include links of rich media in their submissions as well, including embedded media like Tweets and video.
- Articles found plagiarized will be summarily rejected. Plagiarism > 10% will be a ground for rejection.
- Papers can be presented in absentia also without any additional charges.
- Date of abstract submission: 25 November 2021
- Date of acceptance or rejection: 28 November 2021
- Full paper submission: 15 December 2021
- Registration Deadline: 25 November 2021
For more details
For any further queries and information, you may contact:
- Ms. Gauri Rane, Teaching & Research Associate, Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai(Program Coordinator) contact- 9082950563 Email ID: email@example.com
- Ms. Jincy P Babu, Assistant Professor & Coordinator, Centre for Environmental Studies, MAR GREGORIOS COLLEGE OF LAW ( Program Coordinator) Contact: 9446651942 Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org