About the Opportunity
This opportunity is similar to the ones offered before with a tweak that student researchers, besides working on a research project or independent research write up, may also be required/expected to take up some leadership work, be it in the field of fund-raising, outreach, collaborations, among other activities.
This would allow students to hone not only their research and writing skills but also their soft/leadership skills and get a unique and rounded experience.
Areas for Research (Indicative Only)
- Company Law/Corporate Insolvency Law/Contract Law
- Human Rights or Public Law such as Constitutional Law or Project relating to legal education or non-fiction book project relating to bar and bench reforms
Number of Vacancies
- Company Law/Corporate Insolvency Law: 10 (Ten)
- Human Rights or Public Law such as Constitutional Law or Project relating to legal education or non-fiction book project relating to bar and bench reforms: 15 (Fifteen)
Duration of Engagement
- Minimum period of 3 months
- The Junior RAs are expected to dedicate a total of 30-40 hours per month
- The Senior RAs are expected to dedicate a total of 40-50 hours per month
- There would be reasonable flexibility to allow for the researcher’s own commitments such as examination and internship
RAs belong to one of two cadres: RA (Senior) and RA (Junior)
They work under Ms Garg, who in turn, takes their research and writing inputs for her NGOs: The Corporate House and We, the Humans.
Therefore, in effect, the students would be RAs to Ms Garg as well as to either or both of these NGOs, depending on their research interests.
A Senior RA is expected to demonstrate greater independence and initiative and is expected to discharge the following functions:
- Author independent pieces (about 3 blogs or 1 blog and 1 paper or excerpt of a report, among other kinds of writings)
- Spend 10-20% of their time towards organization building (non-legal research work)
A Junior RA is expected to discharge the following functions:
- Carry out research and facilitate the organization of the research-based events, and/or
- Carry out research and facilitate the organization of training programmes/courses, and/or
- Assist the Senior RAs with the authoring of their blog/paper
- Spend 10-20% of their time towards organization building
RAs would be mentored throughout the process and they may get a chance to seek expert opinions from the most eminent academics/professionals from India/abroad in relation to their research work.
- Law students pursuing BA LLB or LLB and fresh law graduates
- Desired skills: Academic merit (preferably, top 5-10% of the batch); knowledge/aptitude in the given area(s)
The candidates may submit their applications through the link given at the end of this post.
Last date to Apply
November 5, 2021
The researchers may seek benefits such as mentorship, experience certificate, opportunity to attend courses offered by Ms Garg at her own initiative for law and management students and/or possibly a letter of recommendation.
This is unpaid opportunity.
Contact Ms Priya Garg at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries.
Link to apply
For regular updates, join us: