The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is a private university in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. It was established in 2003 through the UPES Act, 2003, of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand.
SCLHR Blog aims to further enhance the objective of society by emboldening research in the field of constitutional law and human rights.
Society for Constitutional Law & Human Rights [SCLHR], established on 15th August 2018 under UPES School of Law, Dehradun, is a student-driven forum dedicated to promoting research to increase students’ ability to interpret the law according to the changing situation spread awareness of issues dealing with Comparative Constitutional Law & Human Rights.
Call for blog:
SCLHR works with an aim to encourage discussion and research on Constitutional Law and Human Rights, SCLHR invites submissions on a rolling basis from students, researchers, academicians, and legal practitioners.
SCLHR welcomes all the submissions on contemporary issues on Constitutional Law and Human Rights including legislative analysis, analysis of recent judgments and its comparative analysis with other legal jurisdictions and Constitutional frameworks.
- The submission must be an original and unpublished work.
- Submissions having more than 15% plagiarism will be rejected.
- There shall be no grammatical and spelling errors.
- Word limit: 1200 to 1800 words (including footnotes).
- Co-authorship of a maximum of 1 person is permitted.
- The manuscript should not contain the name of the student, course/batch, year of study, contact number, and email ID.
- Hyperlinks are encouraged as opposed to endnotes. However, if the article contains a source that cannot be linked, please use Bluebook 21 st edition as the citation style in the endnotes.
Guidelines for the formatting of the content:
- Font Style: ‘Times New Roman’,
- Font Size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Alignment: Justified
Guidelines for the formatting of endnote:
- Font Style: ‘Times New Roman’
- Font size: 10
- Line Spacing: 1.0
- Alignment: Justified
Submission screening process:
- Submissions will be screened for plagiarism and the Editorial Team of the SCLHR reserves the right to edit author(s) work including grammar, spelling, and formatting, and also to delete part(s) which could make the work more appealing.
- Submissions must be made in (.doc/.docx) formats only.
- The authors should name the file as “SCLHR Blog_Title”.
Other required Information:
- The SCLHR is accepting submissions on a rolling basis.
- Upon submission, every manuscript will undergo two internal reviews by the SCLHR Editorial team.
- SCLHR will exercise absolute discretion in accepting any submission.
- The status of publication/rejection will be intimated to the author(s) within 7-10 days from the date of receipt of the submission.
Make your submission by filling the form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcnEIabpv5klF49WgrxtEgFlyqoe59t3ZRv3C7qS9BHbRKWg/viewform
Lexpeeps honest opinion:
- Law students exploring their interests and trying to give an edge to their writing skills.
- Want to excel in their interpersonal skills like writing, communication.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year law students shall give their submission as these are the opportunities that give them exposure.
- All the law students trying to bring laurels to them.
- Knowing and not knowing about the subject doesn’t matter if you are willing to work hard and research a lot about your topic.
Note: This is just a suggestion from Lexpeeps side to everyone reading. It has been seen that in this hard time, students are panicking and doing everything and anything just to add on to their CV/Resume, even the things that are not going to add so much value to their CV’s.
Shreshth Srivastava: Secretary (Research and Documentation): 7275730345
Email ID: sclhr[at]ddn.upes.ac.in
Visit us for more such opportunities: https://lexpeeps.in/