ABOUT THE RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LAW
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL) is an autonomous National Law University (NLU) established by the RGNUL Act (No. 12 of 2006) passed by the Legislature of the State of Punjab, under the second wave of reforms instituted by the Bar Council of India. Established in 2006, RGNUL has garnered a pan-India reputation as a stellar institution for legal research and education. In May 2015, RGNUL became the first and the only NLU to have been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with an ‘A’ grade. In March 2018, RGNUL was amongst the four NLUs to have been granted an autonomous status by the University Grants Commission. The University has been ranked among the top 10 law schools in India in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
ABOUT RGNUL FINANCIAL AND MERCANTILE LAW REVIEW
RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review (RFMLR) is a bi-annual, double-blind peer-reviewed law journal published by RGNUL. The journal was first published in the year 2014 and gives an opportunity to the legal academia, legal professionals and law students to contribute cutting-edge, doctrinal, theoretical, and empirical research in the field of business and commercial laws. The journal is indexed on SCC Online and has been consistently ranked amongst the ten most accessed law school journals by SCC Online. The Editorial Board also collaborates with legal experts and undertakes various academic initiatives to promote study and research in the field of business and commercial laws.
ABOUT VOLUME VIII ISSUE I
RFMLR, since its inception, has invited submissions on a specific field of business laws, for each issue. However, given the considerable developments in every field of business law this year, the Editorial Board is pleased to invite submissions pertaining to all areas of business and allied laws for Volume VIII Issue I. The authors have the autonomy to choose any topic under the ambit of Anti-trust and Competition Law, Aviation Law, Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Insolvency Law, Insurance Law, International Trade Law, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Investment Funds, Labour & Employment Law, Projects and Energy, Real Estate Law, Taxation Law, Technology, Media & Telecommunication and White-Collar Crimes. In furtherance of this, the author(s) shall submit a research proposal prior to the submission of their manuscript, which shall include a brief description of the theme of the final submission as well as the specific research questions that the
author(s) aim to explore. The Call for Papers for this issue aims to encourage an insightful discourse in the recent developments in the field of business laws.
The Editorial Board invites submissions from legal academicians, practitioners, advisors and law students affiliated with any association or institution within or outside India.
CATEGORIES OF SUBMISSION
The Editorial Board invites submissions under the following categories:
- Articles: 6000-10,000 words
- Short Articles: 4000-6000 words
- Case Comments: 3000-5000 words
The word limit is exclusive of abstract and footnotes.
- The submissions shall be written in the English language only.
- Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of two authors.
- The Editorial Board encourages analytical submissions with concrete suggestions over descriptive submissions with generic suggestions.
- Any form of plagiarism is strictly prohibited and the submission shall be original, unpublished, and an outcome of the author’s own efforts.
- The author(s) shall bear the sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions and views stated in the submitted manuscript.
- The name of the author(s) or affiliated institution/organisation shall not be mentioned anywhere in the body of the submission.
- The author(s) shall refrain from submitting the manuscript elsewhere during the pendency of the review process. If the theme of the manuscript is contemporaneous to the time of submission and a delayed publication would render the research irrelevant, the author(s) may request an expedited review of their submission.
- The author(s) shall submit an abstract, not exceeding 250 words, along with the manuscript.
- The author(s) shall refrain from referring themselves in first person in the manuscript. Further, while referring to case laws, author(s) are encouraged to use the names of the parties instead of referring them as “petitioners”, “appellants”, “respondents”, etc.
- The author(s) shall submit a Research Proposal within the stipulated time, prior to the final submission, which shall be approved by the Editorial Board. The submission guidelines for the Proposal have been separately specified below.
- Body: Submissions shall be typewritten in Times New Roman, font size 12 with line spacing 1.5 and justified alignment.
- Footnotes: Citations shall be in accordance with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.). All the footnotes shall be typewritten in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing and justified alignment. Use of speaking footnotes is strictly prohibited.
- The author(s) shall divest the copyright of the manuscript to RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, once the manuscript has been selected for publication. However, all moral rights shall remain with the author(s).
- The manuscripts shall be submitted through this Google Form only. Submissions made through any other mode will not be entertained.
- The author(s) shall submit the manuscript along with a duly signed Certificate of Originality and Copyright (in this format).
- Each author is allowed to submit a maximum of one manuscript.
- Manuscript shall be submitted in .doc or .docx format only.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR THE RESEARCH PROPOSAL
- The Research Proposal (hereinafter ‘Proposal’) shall not exceed 400 words (excluding footnotes/endnotes).
- The Proposal shall briefly describe the theme of the final submission as well as the specific research questions that the author(s) aim to explore.
- The Proposal shall briefly describe the contemporary relevance of the proposed research questions.
- The proposed research questions shall be novel, relevant to the concerned area of law, and shall be such that abundant literature on the research questions does not exist.
- The Proposal shall specify the authorities that the author(s) aim to rely upon for the purpose of their research. This shall not bar the author(s) from including any additional authorities in the final submission.
- The Proposal may not describe the research conclusion of the final submission.
- The Editorial Board encourages the author(s) to keep the Proposal brief and descriptive.
- The Proposal shall be submitted through this Google Form only. Submissions made through any other mode will not be entertained.
- The Editorial Board will communicate the acceptance/rejection of the Proposals on a rolling basis. Thus, the author(s) are encouraged to submit the Proposals well in advance (and not close to the due date), in order to get sufficient time to undertake the research for the final submission.
- Acceptance of a Proposal shall not guarantee publication of the final submission. The publication of the final submission shall be subject to the double-blind peer-review process undertaken by the Editorial Board.
- Rejection of a Proposal shall not bar the author(s) from submitting a distinct / modified Proposal at a later date, subject to the last date of submission of the Proposals.
- The Editorial Board may suggest changes to the Proposal submitted by the author(s). In such cases, the author(s) shall submit the revised Proposal before the last date of submission of the Proposals.
- The author(s) shall submit the Research Proposal by submitting this form latest by 25 September 2020.
- The author(s) shall submit the final manuscript along with the duly signed Certificate of Originality and Copyright (in this format) by submitting this form latest by 20 October 2020.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.rfmlr.com
- Contact Numbers:
Akshat Jain (Managing Editor): +91-9770003070 Ayushi Goel (Managing Editor): +91-8289011869 Aditya Mathur (Senior Editor): +91-9654899130 Anamika Dudvaani (Senior Editor): +91-7763956196