About the Organiser
A Memorandum of Understanding between HUPA and NLSIU established the Chair on Urban Poor and the Law to carry out training and to introduce a Course on Urban Poor and the Law at chosen law schools and colleges across the country.
About the Seminar
The Seminar will be held under the sponsorship of the Chair on Urban Poor and the Law, which was created at the National Law School of India University in Bengaluru in 2012 by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA).
Envisioned to engage stakeholder intervention in matters of law, policy, capacity building and enhancement, diffusion of legal knowledge and application, and serve as a catalyst in enabling answers to subaltern challenges in the urban environment and exploring legal remedies.
Call for Papers
Members of industry, academia, regulators, public policy, social sciences, and non-governmental organisations are encouraged to attend.
Paper Presentations on the following thematic areas are Invited:
- Right against Homelessness
- Slums and Squatter Settlements
- Forced Evictions and Constitutional remedies
- Affordable Housing and Land Rights in Post – Disaster Scenario
- Development induced Displacement
- Landlessness and Urban Poverty
- Protection of Migrant Workers
- Access to Drinking Water and Sanitation
Participation is invited as Observer and Paper Presenter. To register, contact: Ms. Lianne D’Souza, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Registration Fee: INR 500/-
The registration fee is to be confirmed on submission of a written request to register
- Last Date for Registration: November 20, 2021
- Submission of Abstract (150 to 300 words) : November 20, 2021
- Submission of Full Paper (2000 to 3500 words): November 25, 2021
- Date of Seminar: November 26, 2021
- Foot Note Style to be followed: Bluebook 20th Edition
- Abstract needs to be within 150 to 300 words
- Full Paper must be between 2000 to 3500 words