About KR Mangalam University
School of Legal Studies at K.R. Mangalam University offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral degrees in different disciplines. These programs aim to inculcate curiosity, a sense of responsibility towards society and self-growth among students. The curriculum offered is designed under the guidance of industry-leading practitioners and judiciary officials to ensure that students are equipped with in-demand skills and knowledge to emerge victorious in this competitive environment.
With all-round developments taking place in India, major projects, particularly infrastructure projects and mega projects are being implemented in different parts of the country. Developmental projects also accompany various disputes. In spite of one’s best efforts to avoid disputes, the disputes have become part and parcel of their contractual relationship. In order to complete projects without cost or time overrun, suitable mechanism should be in place to resolve disputes as and when they arise.
The amended Arbitration and Conciliation Act,1996has raised much hope which promises to be effective tool for speedy and cost effective dispute resolution besides facilitating implementation of foreign awards. This augurs well for raising the level of ease of doing business in the country thus paving way for attracting more Foreign Direct Investments. India, where numbers of projects by MNC’s are going on, has the potential of becoming the hub of International Arbitration. The hurdles if any in this context have to be identified and removed. The Conference is organised to address these problems, besides updating knowledge on the subject and hone the skills of practising and aspiring ADR.
CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN ADR TECHNIQUES
- Efficacy of ADR in Contemporary Judicial System
- Role of Lok Adalats: Achievements, Failures and Way Forward
- ADR as a Mechanism to Resolve Corporate Disputes
- Present Status of Laws Related to ADR in India
- Critical Analysis of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (with 2015 Amendments)
- ADR: A Tool in Promoting Ease of Doing Business in India
- Arbitral Seat: Key Considerations
- Challenges before the Enforcement Agencies in ADR
- Mediation in Industrial Disputes and Labour Laws
- ADR: A Tool in the Matrimonial Disputes
- Online Mediation in India
- Usage of Mediation in Various Fields
- ADR and Consumer Disputes in India
- Significance of ADR for Scheduled Tribes
- ADR in Real Estate Dispute in India
- ADR in Banking Sector
- Arbitration: Issues and Challenges
- Arbitration: Ethical Issues of Mediator
- International Commercial Arbitration: Challenges
Selection of papers for presentation will be based on abstracts. An abstract must include
a clear indication of the purpose of research, methodology, major results, implications
and key references. They should adhere to the following:
- Abstract & full paper must contain the name of the author/s, complete address, e-mail id and mobile number. The abstract should be original and must not exceed 250 words including the title and references.
- Citations and references should comply with the ILI(Law)of referencing. For details on ILI referencing style, please visit http://www.ili.ac.in/footnoting12.pdf respectively.
- Submission must be in MS-Word format (no other format will be accepted) with all four sides 1 inch margin. Should be typed in Times New Roman with font size of 12. Paper title in 14 (Bold) and all sub-headings in 12 (Bold) and line spacing at 1.5.
- Submit abstract/full paper via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org A full paper must include an introduction, research, methodology, objective, description of the research issues including socio-legal analysis of the problem, precedents and judicial decisions, impact and implications, possible outcomes and the solutions. It should not exceed 3000 words.
- In case of co-authorship, both the participants have to register & pay separately. While filling the Google form, participants will be required to upload the screenshot or receipt of the payment so made, therefore the participants are first required to pay the registration fee and then register. Registration can be done by filling the following Google form latest by 1st December, 2021
Who can attend (prospective audience and submitters)
Date of Seminar – 03rd December, 2021
Submission of Abstract of the paper – 08th November, 2021
Acceptance of the Abstract Notification – 10th November, 2021
Submission of full paper – 30th November, 2021
Closure of Registration – 01st December, 2021
Academicians Rs.500/- per paper
Research Scholars/ Students Rs.300/- per paper
Link for Registration: https://forms.gle/rSKqTU2uwxsVoNp38
Beneficiary Name: K. R. MANGALAM UNIVERSITY
Account No. : 091101000622
Bank Name : ICICI Bank Ltd.
IFSC Code : ICIC0000911
MICR Code : 110229095
AccountType : Saving
Branch : Alwar Road, OppSohna bus Stand Gurgaon-122103, Haryana
EMAIL: email@example.com PHONE: 9654771910/7838775240/9718791227