About Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), which was founded in 1966, is a centre for legal studies, research, and reform. Since 1977, the prestigious peer-reviewed Research Journal has been published continually. The College, which is associated with the University of Kerala, provides five-year integrated BA LL.B. and B. Com LL.B. programmes, a three-year LLB Unitary programme, and post-graduate programmes in LL.M (Administrative Law), LL.M (International Law), and MBL (Master of Business Law). CALSAR, its sibling company, offers a Law Research Program (PhD).
Kerala Law Academy Law College, in collaboration with the Center for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR), will host a virtual one-day international conference on human rights and gender justice on December 4, 2021 at the Kerala Law Academy Campus in Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The conference will be held online using the technologies ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All participants should have decent internet connectivity and be able to use the above-mentioned online platform.
Samira Rahat, Assistant Professor, Department of Law and Justice, Bangladesh University of Business and Technology (BUBT), Marina Muniz Pinto de Carvalho Matos, Lawyer- Federal University of Bahia, President of Federal University of Bahia’s Human Rights Clinic, Brazil, and Malu Stanchi, Politics, are the Chief Guests for the International Conference (Ninth Virtual) on Human Rights and Gender Justice.
Call for papers
Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Officials from Various Departments- Representatives from Institutions and Professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers, Faculty and Research Scholars are all encouraged to submit research articles. The received Research Articles would be published in a proceedings book with an ISBN.
- Human Rights of Women and Children
- Human Trafficking and Bride Trafficking
- Freedom, Justice, Peace, and Human Rights Today
- Women in Conflict, Refugee Crisis and Gender Justice
- Gender sensitivity of the justice delivery mechanisms.
- State responsibility to protect gender discrimination.
- Women’s property and inheritance rights.
- Gender discrimination in marriage and divorce.
- Gender-based violence.
- Role of society in curbing gender injustice.
- Gender injustice on social media.
- Women’s representation and participation in politics/justice.
- Challenges to legal aid for gender protection
- Legal services for under-trial prisoners, women/child victims of trafficking and juveniles in the juvenile justice system.
- Constitutional provisions for gender equality.
- The legislative framework for gender equality.
- Judicial approach for gender justice.
- Status of LGBT in gender equality.
- Historical development of gender equality from ancient to the digital era.
- Gender-based budget.
- Government initiatives for gender equality.
- Role of NGO’s in gender justice.
- International perspective for gender Justice.
Crimes against women outside the family
- Sexual Harassment at the Workplace
- Outraging the Modesty of a Woman/Sexual Harassment.
- Grievous Hurt/Acid Attack.
- Trafficking in women and girls.
The Enforcement Mechanism and Gender Justice
- Role of Police
- Role of the Prosecutor
- Role of Judiciary.
- Role of Civil Society
Authors are welcome to work on any topic connected to the above-mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 16th November 2021 by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please stay inside the boundaries of the regions marked with the term “Conference.” The papers must be written in Times New Roman with the following font sizes: Heading-14, Text-12, A4 format, single line spacing, and a word count of no more than 2500 words, including the title, author information, and footnotes. For footnoting, authors are urged to adopt The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Speaking footnotes are also discouraged.
- For consideration, an abstract of no more than 250 words must be provided. The Abstract must include a synopsis of the paper, subtitles, references, and a conclusion stating the author’s point of view. On or before November 16, 2021, send the abstract to email@example.com with the subject “Abstract submission.” A cover page must be included, with the following information:
- Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address; Contact Number
- The Submission should be in WORD FORMAT.
- All footnotes must adhere to 20th edition of Bluebook standards and must be styled using the footnote option in word.
- Borders, underlines or other design objects must not be included in the paper.
- References need not be mentioned at the end of a paper and must be included within footnotes.
- Precedents may be in Italics but not bold.
- All sub headings must be left aligned, in bold.
- The Papers shall be screened by a Committee. The Full Papers (2500 words) approved by the Committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Conference. The intimation of selection will be made through E-mail.
- The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, E-mail id and Contact number. Authors are to give details in the Full Paper.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the Conference will be English, and presentations shall be done in English.
- Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the Conference.
- Co-Authorship is allowed but limited to one Co-Author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The Organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
- Publishing Charges if any demand for the journal is to be paid by the author.
- Submission of Abstracts: 16th November 2021
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 18th November 2021
- Submission of Full paper: 28th November, 2021
- Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 30th November, 2021
- Date of payment of Registration fee: 1st December, 2021
- International Conference: 4th December, 2021
There is a Registration fee of Rs.750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs.250/- should be paid in the case of maximum one Co-Author).
The Participant’s intending to participate must register on or before 1st of December 2021 (01/12/2021) by submitting the duly filled pro forma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (link) and making an online payment of Rs.750/- ( In the case of co-author Rs.1000/-) as the registration fee, through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (CLICK HERE).
- AJITHA NAIR L (Associate Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9496196638
- Dr. DAKSHINA SARASWATHY (General Secretary MCS and Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9744169215,
- MRS. LATHIKA KUMARI D (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy)- 9495541770
- MR. BINU P M (Assistant Professor , Kerala Law Academy) – 9746179873