Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is the statutory university established by the Govt. of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. The University is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) (2f & 12B). The University is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI), International Association of Law Schools (IALS), Asian Law Institute (ASLI) and Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
About the Event
The International Conference on Seabed Mining: Multidimensional Approaches and Challenges, adopts a unique multidisciplinary approach by focusing on the legal, regulatory, scientific, environmental and economic perspectives of seabed mining. Central to its theme is raising awareness of the important role of the International Seabed Authority and its involvement in creating a regime for deepsea mining. Experts from various Indian government bodies like that from the policy and regulatory field, mining companies, marine research centres, etc. will be a part of the conference to have a confluence with the International Seabed Authority. Through the rich and wide range of contributions, participants will be able to draw interesting new insight into the Authority’s evolutionary work as well as its legal framework.
Seabed Mining: Multidimensional Approaches and Challenges
- Regulations and Deep Seabed Mining
- Technological aspects and Seabed Mining
- Demarcations of the oceans and regulation challenges of seabed mining
- Start-ups and seabed mining
- Economics and seabed mining
- UNCLOS on Exploration to Exploitation of Seabed minerals and Marine Scientific Research with Environmental and Technological Tactics
- Marine Minerals Research Projects
- Options for Selective Harvesting & Green Processing of Polymetallic Nodules
- Seabed: A source of Green Minerals
- Best practices in adopting for seabed mining
This Conference is aimed at students, educators, researchers, academicians, practitioners, professionals, policy-makers, bureaucrats and other stakeholders to come together and discuss and disseminate the different aspects of seabed mining.
The multidisciplinary approach would mean inviting different arguments in the form of a round table discussion representing research institutes, academic institutes, start-ups and industries from the perspective of legal and regulatory issues, scientific requirements, environmental hazards and the economic outcome involved in the action of seabed mining.
- The participants must submit an extended abstract of around 2500 words in a Microsoft Word document.
- Font style – (Italic-sized) Times New Roman, Font Size – 12, line spacing – Single. The abstract may include keywords (maximum: four) Citation style – Bluebook 20th Edition.
- The abstract must include a clear indication of the objectives, methodology, major results, implications, and key references.
- All abstracts will be subject to blind peer review and only those abstracts approved by the reviewers will be selected to submit their complete paper for the final presentation.
- The criteria for evaluation by the reviewers are based on relevance, methodology and originality.
- Full paper submission of around 5000 to 8000 words.
- A citation style of Bluebook 20th edition is to be followed.
- The selected articles will be published as chapters in a book with a reputed publishing house.
- Last date for submission of the extended abstract – 28th January 2023
- Publication of selected abstracts – 1st February 2023
- Last date for registration for participation – 5th February 2023
- Conference date: 14th February 2023
Vitan I, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India.
- Participants willing to submit the abstract must submit the same in .doc /.docx format to email@example.com with the subject “SeaMMAC Submission_(author name)”.
- The following details must also be mentioned in the body of the email:
- Title of paper and the relevant sub-theme
- Name of the author(s)
- Author affiliation
- Brief biodata of the author(s)
- Name of the word file
How to Register?
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; +91 8511188729.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-