ABOUT HIDAYATULLAH NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY
Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), named after one of the greatest legal luminaries of the country, Hon’ble Shri Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah, was established in 2003 by the Government of Chhattisgarh Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act, (No. 10 of 2003). HNLU is the first National Level Institute established in the new State of Chhattisgarh in the year 2003 and the sixth Law University in the country. Situated in the lush green surroundings of the well-planned city of Nava Raipur, HNLU is one of the most sought-after destinations for legal education in the country of students from all over India. HNLU ranked 5th in India Today Ranking 2021 and 2022 and 51-/100 on crisis management during COVID by the World’s Universities with Real Impact (WURI) Ranking 2021 and 2022 and 201-300 among the innovative and emerging Universities by WURI is set to scale new benchmarks in the years to come.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
There has never been a more critical time for oceans and marine life than now. The threats of overfishing, climate change and pollution are expected to cause a cumulative loss of at least USD $428 billion to the global economy. As a step to combat this issue, the United Nations came up with the Sustainable Development Goals (‘SDG’) under which SDG 14.6 specifically deals with the issue of sustainable fishing and ocean management. In a bid to fulfil the mandate of the SDGs by 2030 as aimed, international organizations and countries globally seem to work together.
STRUCTURE OF THE CONFERENCE
Apart from the inaugural and valedictory session, the International Conference will be organized in the following two parts:
Part A: Theme-based Panel Discussions
Part B: Paper Presentations in Technical Sessions
Through this international conference, we aim to raise awareness and interest in international trade law, marine life, fisheries, the blue economy, climate change and such seminal happenings. The conference will feature panel discussions, expert talks, and paper presentations. We intend on inviting environmental lawyers, academicians, economic and industry experts, law/oceanology/business etc. students and research scholars to participate and present papers at the international conference.
SUB-THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
- Agreement on Fisheries – Future Discourse
- SDGs and Marine Life
- Developing countries, LDCs and Fisheries
- Law and Oceanology
- Blue Economy and Ocean Governance
- Blue Finance, Policy, and SDGs
- Marine Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Role of Mangroves in fisheries and their protection
- Climate Change and Oceanology
- Life below Water and Pollution
- Pandemic and its Effects on Marine Life
- Gender perspective on Marine Life
- Livelihood and fisheries
These sub-themes are only suggestive and not exhaustive. Papers that are not covered under the above-mentioned sub-themes yet hold relevance in the thrust area may also be considered.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Research papers/articles in English are invited from academicians, professionals, practitioners, researchers, students of law, social science and environmental science, and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broader sub-themes given above.
The selected papers based on quality may be published in the form of an edited book with ISBN.
DATE TO REMEMBER
Deadline for the Submission of Detailed Abstract: February 21, 2023
Intimation of Acceptance for Detailed Abstract: February 22, 2023
Deadline for Registration & Fee Payment (only if the Detailed Abstract is accepted): February 23, 2023
Date of Conference: February 27-28, 2023
For Academicians/Professionals and Research Scholars: INR 1000
For Students: INR 800
Note – Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted with the submission of registration fees by both authors separately.
- The detailed abstract is up to 500 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author/s indicating his/her email ID, contact number, designation, and official address.
- The word limit for a full paper along with an abstract is 3000 – 7000 words (excluding footnotes) which is required to be submitted in MS Word format by the paper presenter latest by April 15, 2023. The same may be considered for publication in the form of an edited book with ISBN.
- Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides.
- Plagiarized papers shall be summarily rejected.
- For references and bibliography, the author(s) are required to follow the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, 20th edition.
For further details, check out the BROCHURE.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-