About the University
The ICFAI University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand (hereinafter referred to as the University) was established under the ICFAI University Act 2003 (Act No.16 of 2003) passed by the Uttaranchal Legislative Assembly and assented to by the Governor on July 08, 2003. The ICFAI University secured 44th rank in the World Universities with Real Impact (WURI) Rankings 2020 released by UN Institute for Training and Research. The University has also been awarded with the certificate for E- Learning Excellence of Academic Digitisation (eLEAD).
About ICFAI Law school, Dehradun
The ICFAI Law School (formerly known as Faculty of Law), a constituent of the ICFAI University, Dehradun is established with the objective of developing a new generation of legal professionals through the comprehensive and contemporary body of knowledge, professional skills and research integrating law with Management/Humanities. The Bar Council of India has accorded its approval for imparting three year and five year Law Courses at ICFAI University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand and award degrees in law.
The ICFAI Law School, Dehradun is the 6th Ranking Law School of Super Excellence and 1st Ranking Law School in Uttarakhand according to CSR GHRDC Law School Rankings 2020. It also secured 26th rank among top Law Universities/ Institutions including NLUs in MDRA Rankings 2020 conducted by India Today.
About the conference
In an effort to disseminate legal knowledge and research, The Centre for Cyber Law and Innovation, The Centre for Corporate Law and Governance & The Centre for Excellence in Alternative Dispute Resolution Law, ICFAI Law School, Dehradun presents National Virtual Conference to give a platform to budding lawyers to express their views on the integral legal issues. The primary objective of this conference is to encourage law students, professionals and academicians across various colleges in India, to develop analytical thinking.
With an endeavour to encourage the enthusiasm of the young students of the legal fraternity to come up with new ideas and suggestions to decipher current legal conflicts, the broad theme of the competition is reserved as “Strengthening E-Commerce Through ODR: Challenges & Perspectives”.
- The Future of E-Commerce Redress in the Digital Era: ODR
- Role of ADR in E-commerce
- Cyber Mediation using Sophisticated Software and a Neutral Third- Party Facilitator
- Data Privacy and Online Regulation Framework in E-Commerce Landscape
Rules and Guidelines
- Law Students, professionals, academicians Pan India are eligible to participate.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted (1 main author + 2 co- author).
- Only one submission shall be allowed per author, and in case of co-authors, one submission shall be deemed to include both. Separate submissions of co-authors shall be taken as multiple submissions, which will be subject to rejection and disqualification.
- The registration is restricted to only 70 participants, which will be strictly on “First Come First Serve basis”.
Last Date of Abstract Submission- 25th November, 2021
Last Date of full paper Submission- 28th December, 2021
Declaration of Selection of Full Paper- 3rd January, 2022
Date of Conference 8th -9th January, 2022
Registration and abstract submission
- Registration for the Competition shall be free of cost.
- Submission of Abstract shall amount to registration for the Competition.
- A brief abstract not exceeding 300 words, on the topic chosen, must be mailed on email@example.com in PDF or Word format on or before November 25, 2021.
- A five-digit Unique code shall be mailed to the participants whose abstract would be shortlisted.
- The participants whose abstracts are shortlisted are directed not to mention any of their personal details while submitting their article. Furnishing any such detail shall lead to disqualification.
The soft copy of Article must be mailed latest by December 28, 2021 on
- The Paper shall be in English.
- The name(s) of the author(s) must not be disclosed or mentioned anywhere in the Paper.
- The paper should not exceed 10,000 words including footnotes.
- The mandatory formatting specifications for the paper are:
- 1-inch margin on all sides.
- Times New Roman with 12 font size & 1.5-
- line spacing.
- For footnotes, the mandatory formatting
- specifications shall be Times New Roman
- type face with 10 font size; and Single (1)
- line spacing.
- References and precedents must be cited throughout the Paper using the Bluebook 20th edition citation Method.