About Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishkhapatnam
With the growing importance of quality and holistic legal education, national law schools have acquired a lot of importance. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (“DSNLU”) was established in 2008 and is one such National Law School that strives to enrich student knowledge.
DSNLU endeavours to be a premier law school with state-of-the-art facilities and also emphasizes the clinical aspects to promote and provide world-class education, training, research consultancy, and services.
DSNLJ is a bi-annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed law journal by the Society for Paper Publications, DSNLU. The journal aspires to carve out a niche in legal discourse and serve as a research arm for practitioners, academicians, and the broader intellectual community.
DSNLJ aims to render top-quality publications and invites submissions.
Call for Papers
Society for Paper Publications, DSNLU ispleased tocall for submissions in the form of Articles, Essays, Case Comments, and Book Reviews for the inaugural issue of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) on the theme of ‘Uniform Civil Code’, and related topics of legal and contemporary relevance from various Students from institutions in India and abroad, Doctoral Fellows, Research scholars, and Academicians.
Theme – Uniform Civil Code
Despite various developments in law and rapid growth in India, our civil code continues to be diversified, spanning different religions. In India, there are different sets of law for divorce, succession of property etc., which are applicable on individuals based on their religion.
At this point of time, it becomes important to discuss the need of having a Uniform Civil Code which unites all communities while contemplating its legality and constitutionality.
- A Socio-Legal Perspective
- Uniform Civil Code in Goa
- Comparative study
- Uniform Divorce Mechanism
- Jurisprudence on Uniform Civil Code
- Uniform Civil Code and Human Rights
- Uniform Civil Code and Gender Justice
- Uniform Civil Code and Conflict of Personal Laws
Note: In addition to the above-mentioned sub-themes, participants are free to pursue any other relevant sub-themes reflecting their own scholarly interests on this topic.
- Long Article (4000-5000 words)
- Short Article (3000- 4000 words)
- Essays (2000-3000 words)
- Case Comments (2000-4000 words)
- Book Review (1000-2000 words)
- The submission must be original unpublished work of the Author(s) and it should not be simultaneously considered at any other place.
- Upon submission, the manuscript shall be the property of DSNLJ for any subsequent publication/reprint/derivative work.
- DSNLJ reserves the right to reject entries which do not conform to the Guidelines for Submission.
- The Author(s) shall be presumed to have obtained the necessary permission from cited authors in case a cited work is unpublished.
- Selected papers will be published with an ISSN number.
- DSNLJ reserves absolute right to cancel, differ, or postpone the publication in the event of the accruing of any incident, natural or man-made.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the DSNLJ shall be final and binding.
- The Editorial Board shall not be responsible for any material that is libelous or scandalous.
- The Editorial Board may review the accuracy of the citation but the responsibility rests with the Author(s).
- Co-authorship is permissible upto a maximum of two Authors.
- The submissions are to be made only in Microsoft Word Format (.docx or .doc files) by sending an email to email@example.com
- E-mail must be sent with subject: ‘Submission for Call of Papers – DSNLJ’
- Abstract must be e-mailed by February 18, 2022 with a maximum of 400 words.
- The Author(s) shall not disclose their identity anywhere in the body of the manuscript.
- The submission shall contain a separate cover letter in the first page of the document enumerating the following details:
- Name of the Author(s);
- Address of the Author(s);
- Phone Numbers of the Author(s);
- Title of the manuscript;
- Submission Category;
- Name of the institution/Organization;
- Year of study/ Designation; and
- Email address(s).
- The body of the paper should be justified in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 spacing.
- Footnotes should also be in Times New Roman, 10 font size, and single spacing.
- Strictly conform to Bluebook (20th ed.) as the citation format.
- Any form of Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification for publication.
- Last date for submission of Abstract: February 18, 2022, 11:59 PM (IST)
- Last date for submission of Full Paper: March 20, 2022, 11:59 PM (IST)
Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91 9959316886 – Krishna Vamsi
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.