About the IALR:
The IALR is an annual peer-reviewed journal published by the students of National Law Institute University, Bhopal and is supported by L&L Partners Law Offices. The Inaugural Edition of the Journal was launched by legal luminaries and dignitaries including Shri Kamal Nath (the then Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh), Hon’ble Mr. Justice D.M. Dharmadhikari (former judge, Supreme Court of India), Mr. Kevin Nash (Deputy Registrar and Centre Director, Singapore International Arbitration Centre), Mr. Prashant Mishra (Partner, L & L Law Offices) and Prof. (Dr.) V. Vijayakumar (Vice-Chancellor, NLIU Bhopal). Additionally, the latest volume of the Journal was inaugurated by Mr. Gary Born (Chair of the International Arbitration Practice Group, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP).
Call for Papers:
The Indian Arbitration Law Review is now inviting submissions for Volume 4.
The Journal welcomes submissions on any of the following sub-themes:
- Accreditation Norms of Arbitrators in India: Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2021
- Challenges to enforcing awards in Investor-State disputes
- Arbitration in a post COVID-19 world
- Use of Artificial Intelligence in Arbitration
Note: The above sub-themes are only illustrative, and the Journal welcomes submissions on any topic related to arbitration.
Submissions can be made under the following categories:
- Long Articles (4000-8000 words*): The article must be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of a contemporary issue in arbitration law and should include references to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
- Short Articles (2000-4000 words*): The article must be an analysis of a contemporary issue in arbitration law and should include a reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
- Case Comments (1500-4000 words*): The comment must be an analysis of a recent judgment, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of arbitration law, views expressed in the judgment and the opinion(s) of the author.
- Book Reviews (1000-3000 words*): The review must be a crisp account of a recently published book on arbitration, including the issues explored and related arguments of the author.
*The word limit is exclusive of footnotes and abstract. The prescribed word limit may be relaxed up to 10%, at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
- Submissions are accepted only in the English language.
- All articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words. Case Comments and Book Reviews do not need to be accompanied by abstracts.
- The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article beyond the existing available literature.
- Co-authorship (with no cap on authors) is permitted for all articles.
- The manuscript should not contain any references to the identity of the authors. However, authors are allowed to cite their previous published work.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and 1.5-line spacing.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and single line spacing.
- The citations must conform to the style of OSCOLA (4th Edition).
- Manuscripts should only use footnotes as a means of citation. No other method of citation is permitted.
- Substantive footnotes are permissible.
How to Submit?
- Kindly send your manuscript in MS Word (.docx) format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the email should be “Submission for Volume 4 – <Title of the manuscript>”. The submissions must be sent by 11:59 pm, 31st August 2021.
- IALR accepts manuscripts on a rolling basis. Manuscripts received after the submission deadline shall be considered for publication in Volume 5.
- The submission should be accompanied by a Covering Letter, which must include the following details:
- Name of Author(s)
- Contact Details (Address and Mobile No.)
- Institutional Affiliations (if any)
- Academic Qualifications
- For more information related to the submission guidelines and the journal, please click on the link below –
Click here for more information.
August 31, 2021
In case of any queries, kindly drop an email to email@example.com or contact:
- Syamantak Sen, Editor-in-Chief: +91 91637 59868
- Vivek Badkur, Managing Editor: +91 91310 75603
For regular updates, join us: