About the AMU Law Society Review
The AMU Law Society Review is the flagship journal of the Law Society, Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (U.P). It is an annual journal that provides an extensive platform to academicians, practitioners, researchers and students to assimilate, exchange and extend their ideas to facilitate the debate on contemporary legal issues through their scholarly articles and research papers.
The journal assumes an inter-disciplinary orientation and is wide enough to include national as well as international legal and policy-based issues within its sweep.
Call for Papers
AMU Law Society Review 2022 invites submissions in the form of Research Papers, Case Comments/ Legislative Comments, Articles & Essays, and Book/Film Reviews and other such submissions for its flagship publication (to be published in form of a book with ISBN number).
Types of Submissions
- Research Papers: 3,000 to 5,000 words
- Case Comments and Legislative Comments: 2,000 to 3,000 words
- Articles and Essays: 1,500 to 2,500 words
- Book Reviews: 1,000 to 2,000 words
Note: Word limits are exclusive of footnotes.
1. Emerging Trends in the Criminal Justice System & Judiciary
- The Intersection of the Digital World & the Indian Justice System
- Criminal Accountability & Genetics
- Mental Health & Criminal Justice System
- The Objectification of Women under Indian Penal Laws
2. Recent International Developments
- United Nations & the Handling of Pandemics
- The Role of Law in the Success or Failure of Socialist Models Across the Globe
- Law and Policy Implementation in Gulf Cooperation Countries with reference to Competition and Bankruptcy Laws
- Developments in Arbitration Law With Reference To the Amazon v. Future Retail Case
3. Constitutional Law in Contemporary Times
- Social Media, Media Trials & Regulation of Free Speech
- A Comparative Study of the Various Divorce Laws in Various Jurisdictions
- Citizen’s Right to Transparency in Administration
4. Digital Literacy & Its Implications for the Class Divide
5. Literature & Law
- Spiritualism and the Judicial Decision Making Process
- The Law of Obscenity and Literature
- A Critical Discussion on the Copyright Law vis-a-vis Promotion of Literature
6. Law & Technology
- Legal Framework for Data Security & Data Privacy for the Common Masses
- Challenges for Organisations brought about by the history of cyberattacks
- Evaluation of Cryptography in the Enhancement of Cybersecurity
- A Critical Analysis on the Regulatory, Legal, & Ethical Consideration of Telemedicine
Note: These themes are merely suggestive and the authors are free to submit their manuscripts dealing with any creative theme.
- Author(s) shall first submit their abstract via Google Form by January 10, 2022.
- The word limit for the Abstract is 350 words.
- The abstract submission shall not contain the name of the author or institutional affiliation or any other identification mark (except in cover letter). Abstract submissions shall be made in (.doc) or (.docx) format only.
- A separate cover letter in (.doc) or (.docx) format containing particulars of the author(s) and the submission details is to be sent along with the submission.
- The document containing the abstract shall be named in the manner ‘Abstract_ Title of the submission’.
- Similarly, the document containing the cover letter shall be named in the manner ‘Cover letter_ Title of the submission’.
- A cover letter shall include: (1) Title of Submission; (2) Theme & Sub-theme Chosen, if any; (3) Abstract; (4) Name of the Author and Co-Author, if any; (5) Designation; (6) Institutional Affiliation; (7) Contact Information and Address for Correspondence.
- Upon the selection of abstracts, the authors shall submit their manuscripts via a Google Form, the link of which shall be made available to the authors by January 25th, 2022.
- The Font must be Times New Roman and size 12 for the main text, and 10 for footnotes. Line Spacing must be 1.5 for the main text and 1.0 for footnotes. Alignment must be justified.
- We accept footnote citations exclusively. Citations must conform to standards laid in the Harvard Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition).
- Plagiarism: Plagiarism up to 10% is permissible. The author(s) shall also submit a Declaration of Originality with their submission.
- Co-Authorship of up to two authors is permitted.
- Submitted manuscripts should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication at the time of submission.
- The copyright of the entry to the journal will rest with the Editorial Board once the entry has been selected and the author(s) of the same have been notified. The mere submission shall not confer any claim for publication. The decision of the Editorial Board shall be final.
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract: January 10, 2022
- Communication of Acceptance/Rejection of Abstract by: January 25, 2022
- Last date for Final Submission of Full Paper: February 15, 2022
Editor: Rajat Shandilya
- Contact Number: +91-8077074696
- Email Address: email@example.com
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.