About the IP Site
The IP Site is a leading Intellectual Property Law blog, founded as an initiative of the CIPR, NUALS. Established in 2016, The IP Site is dedicated to the publication of original articles, essays and other similar resources on developments in Intellectual Property Law, to encourage and stimulate the awareness and importance of the same.
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) Kochi, established the ‘Centre for Intellectual Property Rights’ (CIPR) to promote Intellectual Property awareness among students, and to encourage research in the emerging arena of Intellectual property. The Centre fosters R&D activities that blend with its central mission of intellectual pursuit as well as link related inter-disciplinary involvement to develop an intellectual law database, which would benefit the nation at large. The main objective of the Centre is to evolve into a flagship institution of intellectual property law studies in India.
CIPR is proactively engaged in the organization of seminars, workshops and conferences, publishing its flagship journal ‘The IP Law Review’, and its blog, The IP Site.
Call for Papers
The IP Site invites contributions from all students (including non-law students), academicians, scholars, lawyers and members of and outside the legal fraternity, to develop and enable the understanding of IPR.
The IP Site is looking for contributions on any contemporary topics or themes of IPR that are of relevance and significance today, in its application in India and across the world. The IP Site accepts submissions on a rolling basis. Authors contributing 4 or more posts shall be awarded a Certificate from CIPR, acknowledging their contributions.
Format: Blog entries must strictly be in English and in electronic form. They are further to be submitted in .doc /.docx /.odt formats only.
Word Limit: Submissions shall not exceed 1000 words (excluding endnotes). However, as a matter of editorial discretion, this may be relaxed to 1500 words.
- Submissions are to be made in Times New Roman font, font size-12, and line spacing-1.5.
- Citations must be included in the form of hyperlinks to the sources referred to within the text itself. Endnotes must be used only for sources that are not available online and must follow the Bluebook (20th Edition) style of citation. Endnotes must be in font size-10 and line spacing-1. Submissions shall not contain footnotes.
- Plagiarism (including self-plagiarism) shall entail immediate disqualification.
- Only the first communication of your submission shall be considered, hence multiple submissions of the same entry, with or without modifications, shall not be acknowledged.
Submissions shall be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The mail accompanying the submission shall include the following details of the author:
- E-Mail ID
- Contact number
- Co-authorship is permitted, to the limit of 2 authors, in which case, the aforementioned details of both of whom, shall be included in the accompanying mail.
Kindly submit the Declaration Form, duly filled, along with the mail accompanying the submission.