About the Fellowship
The Bhumi Fellowship is a full-time paid two-year program designed to develop educational changemakers to lead the next movement in the public education system. Centred around the holistic development of children, the Bhumi fellowship will help you build an ecosystem within the school, to enable school leaders and teachers to equip students with the knowledge, adaptability, and resilience to thrive.
Over two-years, your primary focus will be:
- Identifying problems faced by the school or the community and design a robust and sustainable solution
- Supporting teachers with innovative teaching methods and building a forum for idea exchange and proof of value
- Working actively on improving student learning outcomes by teaching for a minimum of 12-15 hours every week
- Improving the leadership skills of school leaders/headmasters
In the process, you will:
- Understand the educational ecosystem and facilitate change.
- Develop leadership abilities, perseverance, entrepreneurial acumen, and strategic thinking amongst others.
- Collaborate with influential changemakers in the educational space.
- Build a self-sustaining system of change
- Final year students/Graduates between 20 and 30 years of age
- Past volunteering or work experience in any field
- Passionate about transforming the education system
- Fluency in the Tamil Language
Selected applicants will receive a monthly grant of Rs 18,000 (taxable). All program relaxed expenses like phone, travel, and stationery will be reimbursed additionally as per policy.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship on http://fellowship.bhumi.ngo/
July 31, 2020