About SoL, Manipal University
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) was launched in 2011 on an invitation from the Government of Rajasthan, as a self-financed State University.
The School of Law started in the year 2014 has grown in leaps and bounds and has a strength of 700+ students at present.
About the Competition
The organizers recognize the need for a platform for students pursuing law where they can showcase and improve their legal research and writing along with writing about topics that can bring change in our society. The primary objective of this competition is to encourage law students across various colleges in India, to develop analytical thinking on social issues and analyze the existing laws.
Any contemporary issue with critical and comparative analysis will be encouraged. However indicative list as to the diverse areas of laws are as follows:
- The guarantee of fundamental rights under Indian Constitution: During and After Life (A critical analysis in consonance with COVID-19 situation)
- Balancing the relationship between Indian democracy and freedom of internet: Comparative study of laws within and beyond Indian Jurisdiction
- Privatization of Justice Delivery with special reference to civil and commercial cases in India; Future Scope and Implications
- The “Group of Companies Doctrine” vs Party Autonomy under Arbitration Laws: Evolution, Practice, and Sanctity
- Domestic Violence and Gender-Neutral Laws; A social gimmick or need
- The operation of section 304B only up to seven years: The legal rationale and legislative intent. (A study on effectiveness to curb dowry death).
- Registrations are open
- Last date for registration: 14th November
- Last Date of Submission: November 21, 2021
- Single Author: Rs. 100/-
- Co-authorship: Rs. 150/-
Any student(s) pursuing an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in law from any UGC recognized university are eligible to participate. Individual students as authors or a team of not more than 2 students as co-authors, can also register.
- Winner: Rs. 7,000/- + Internship Opportunity with Singhvi & Co.
- 1st Runner Up: Rs. 5,000/-
- 2nd Runner Up: Rs. 3,000/-
- Ms Renika Yadav (Chief Communication Officer): +91 96024 81264
- Ms Damini Chauhan (Executive Member): +91 9660950086