About the Moot
The Army Institute of Law, as a part of its endeavours of providing and facilitating its support to the student community of the Country takes immense pleasure in announcing the 10th edition of its National Moot Court Competition, “Checkmate 2020”. This year the rounds are to be held via Virtual mode from 15th -17th October 2020.
Deadline for provisional registration: September 18th, 2020.
- Only one team from each participating college shall be registered for the competition. Each team shall comprise of either three members (two Speakers and one Researcher) or two members (two Speakers) only.
- Note: No faculty member, coach, observer or a designated observer or fourth member is allowed to accompany the team and neither will be allowed to join the video-conferencing nor the chat room during the session.
- The language for the Competition shall be English only.
- Participation is restricted to bona-fide law students either enrolled in the 3-year LL.B course or the 5-year integrated law course.
The teams should provisionally register through by sending an e-mail to mcs[t]ail.ac.in (with subject Moot Court Registration Checkmate 2020) by September 18th, 2020.
Only 32 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Once the provisional registration is confirmed, the Registration Fee: Rs 2000/- for each participating team, is to be submitted by September 23rd, 2020, through online transaction either by clicking on this linkor by online transfer to the following Bank details as NEFT are:
- Account Holder Name: Army Institute of Law (Main Account)
- Bank Name: SBI
- Branch Name: SBI Chandimandir
- Account Number: 65230658237
- IFSC Code : SBIN0050195
- The scanned copy of the receipt (of payment of Rs. 2000/- paid using online mode) alongwith the duly filled registration form should be sent on or before September 23 rd, 2020, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following details:
Details of Payment of Registration Fee:
- Transaction ID
- Date of payment
- Teams are required to send the scanned copy of their Institute’s Id card with this form.
- No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted unless the same has been communicated to the organizers a week prior to the event in exceptional circumstances only after due proof has been attached by the participating college.
- Best Team: Rupees 15,000/- along with E-Certificates
- Runner Up: Rupees 10,000/- along with E-Certificates
- Best Memorial: Rupees 7,000/- along with E-Certificates
- Best Speaker: Rupees 5,000/- along with E-Certificates
- 2 nd Best Speaker: Rupees 3,000/- along with E-Certificates
- Best Pre-recorded Video: Rupees 5,000/- along with E-Certificates
- Note: All the Participants will get participation certificates. E-Certificates shall be mailed to the teams within fifteen days from the event.
Ms. Aafreen Choudhary: +91 7696152800
Mr. Rajesh Jha: +91 9779719927https://www.ail.ac.in/moot-court-society.php