About KIIT (D.U.):
KIIT Deemed to be University is situated in Bhubaneswar and is one of the premier self financing universities of the country. It caters to more than 30,000 students from all across the nation and 50 other countries through more than 100 Academic programs like MBA, Engineering, Law, Bio-Technology, Rural Management etc., in more than 23 World Class Campus comprising of more than 2500 Academic and Research Staff. Established in 1992 with 2 staff and 12 students, it has gained its prominence in the world today and is also categorized as Institute of Eminence since 2019. Other details may be found at www.kiit.ac.in
About the Competition:
In continuation of its seven preceding events, the 8th KIIT National Moot Court Competition in the virtual mode plans to uphold the same ethos and yet ameliorate the standards of intellectual stimulation. This is the first online edition of the KIIT National Moot Court Competition, and hence they are looking towards making it a grand success.
Students of three-year or five-year integrated law degree courses from any University/Law School/College/Department are eligible to participate in the Competition. However, a maximum of one Team shall be allowed to participate from any one University/Law School/College/Department.
For provisional registration teams are required to send a mail to “firstname.lastname@example.org” The teams interested in participating are required to confirm their participation by filling up the Google form. The link of which is: https://forms.gle/yv8bbp74sY2qYTJG6
The last date of final registration and payment is 27th June, 2021, (11:59 PM).
Teams interested in participating will send in the required registration amount of Rs. 3000/- via internet banking or any other mode in the following transaction details:
- Name: KIIT School of Law
- Account Number: 20139445354
- IFSC: IDIB000K717
- Account Type: Current
- Bank: Indian Bank, KIIT Branch, Patia, Bhubaneswar
The Written Submission has to be submitted only in soft copy. Each Team shall send a soft copy of the Written Submissions, via electronic mail, on or before July 10, 2021, by 17: 00 hours to: email@example.com.
- Winning Team Award: The winning Team will receive a prize worth Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Only).
- First Runners-Up Team Award: The first runners-up Team will receive a prize worth Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only).
- Second Runners up Team Award: The Second runners up Team will receive a prize worth Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand Only).
- Best Student Advocate/Counsel: The Best Student Advocate/Counsel will receive a prize worth Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only). Best Memorial -The Team submitting the best memorial will receive a prize worth Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only).
- Last date for Provisional Registration June 15th, 2021
- Last Date of Registration June 27th, 2021
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications June 27th, 2021
- Confirmation of Registration & Team code allotment June 30th, 2021
- Release of Clarifications July 5th, 2021
- Last date of Soft-copy written submissions July 10th, 2021
- Dry- Run session in Zoom for participants July 13th, 2021
- Compendium Submission July 14th, 2021
- Inaugural function and Orientation of Participants followed by Draw of Lots & Memorial Exchange July 16th, 2021
- Preliminary Round -1 & Preliminary Round – 2 followed by Draw of Lots & Memorial Exchange for Quarters July 17th, 2021
- Quarter- Final Rounds followed by Draw of Lots & Memorial Exchange for Semis July 17th, 2021
- Semi-Final Rounds, Final Rounds & Valedictory Ceremony July 18th, 2021
Ankita Shaw: Student Convenor at KIIT Law School Moot Court Society: +91 9748274280
For regular updates, join us: