School of law, Manipal University Jaipur present 6th International Moot court competition from 17th-18th December in collaboration with Ranka public charitable trust.
Registration fee: Rs.1000 INR for Indian Participants and 30USD for International Participants.
This is going to be a virtual competition.
- Registration open- 19.10.2020
- Last date to register- 10.11.2020
- Memorial submission- 30.11.2020
- Date of Competition – 17.12.2020 – 18.12.2020
- The competition is open for bonafide students pursuing 5 years and 3- LLB program.
- One team is allowed from each college.
- The team should not disclose the identity of their institution in course of proceedings in the courtrooms; such disclosure may lead to penalties and disqualification.
- Each team shall be provided with the team code by draw of lots followed by the exchange of memorials,
- Each team shall comprise three (3) members ONLY i.e. Two (2) speakers and one (1) researcher.
- Arguments shall be in English only.
- The competition will be conducted online.
- For females: white salwar kurta & Dupatta or white shirt and black trousers along with a black coat and tie.
- For males: white shirt, black trousers, black tie along with a black coat.
Note: The dress code for all the functions at the competition shall be western formals for gentlemen and western or Indian formals for ladies.
- Winning Team Award: The winning team will receive a trophy and a cash prize.
- Runners-Up Award: The 1st runners up will get a trophy and a cash prize.
- Best Student Advocate: Best student advocate will get a trophy and cash prize. o Second Best Student Advocate will get a trophy and cash prize.
- Best Memorial Award: Best memorial awardee will get a trophy and cash prize.
- Certificate for participation will be given to all the participants.
- The organizers of this online Moot Court Competition may amend the Competition Rules. However, any such amendment shall be brought to the notice of the participating teams.
- If there is any dispute in regard to the interpretations of the rules or with respect to any matter related to the competition which is not contemplated in the rules, the decision of the Organizers shall be final and binding.
- The Registration form shall be submitted via the link given: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1_689OyjvTeBmpnYFsEbCE8ctI0Aja2q2DRZgBR3SSD9EvQ/viewform
- A nominal registration fee of Rs.1000 INR (National Participants) or 30USD (International Participants) is to be paid via: https://www.payumoney.com/customer/users/paymentOptions/#/1011F8DA 7C0FCB5EC870FBB52B99DD08/Competition2020/212904
- After the receipt of the registration form no change in the names of participants will be done, except at the sole discretion of the Organizers.
- All the teams shall clearly mention:
Name of the participants.
Year/ Semester of study:
Invitation letter from the organizers- https://jaipur.manipal.edu/content/dam/manipal/muj/foa/Document/Eventdatadocument/6th%20MRIMCC-2020%20Invitation%20Letter.pdf
Visit: https://jaipur.manipal.edu/content/dam/manipal/muj/foa/Document/Eventdatadocument/6th%20MRIMCC_%20MOOT%20RULES.pdf to know all the rules and regulation.
Lexpeeps honest opinion:
This is just a suggestion from lexpeeps side to everyone reading. It has been seen that in this hard time, students are panicking and doing everything and anything just to add on to their CV/Resume, even the things that are not going to add so much value to their CV’s.
- Law students exploring their interests and trying to give an edge to their writing skills. Want to excel in their interpersonal skills like writing, communication.
- 2nd-year and above all the law students shall apply as these are the opportunities that give you the desired exposure.
- All the law students trying to bring laurels to them.
- Knowing and not knowing about the subject doesn’t matter if you are willing to work hard and research a lot about your topic.