GUJARAT NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY is organizing the 4th V.S. Mani Memorial National Essay Competition.
The V.S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL), Gujarat National Law University along with the support of the generous grant from Prof. Stephan Hobe, Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany launches the 4th Prof. V.S. Mani Memorial National Essay Competition 2022. The Essay Competition is an endeavor to commemorate the inspiring contribution of Prof. (Dr.) V.S. Mani in the field of international law, particularly air and space law.
The essay should focus on any contemporary issue of ‘Air and Space Law’.
To encourage and provide an opportunity for research to the students having a passion for Air and Space Law.
The competition is open to students pursuing UG/PG (Law) in India. The students shall register by filling the online form.
- Submission shall be made in the online mode only.
- Submission shall be in English.
- Submission needs to be original. Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
- Submission shall not be under consideration for any publication.
- Topic once registered shall not be changed. Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
- A cover page with title of the Essay, name and affiliation of author/co-authors shall be attached.
- Any identification mark (in any form) in the essay shall lead to disqualification.
- Multiple or incomplete submissions shall not be considered.
- Word limit: 4000 – 6000 words (excluding references).
- Submission below or above the word limit shall not be considered.
- Citation style: OSCOLA (4 th Edition).
- Font: Times New Roman; Font size-12; Spacing- 1.5.
- Any contribution received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Submit text as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Selection will be done through two-tier blind review.
- The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final.
- Essays will be evaluated on the following criteria: depth of analysis, cogency of arguments, structure, feasibility of suggestions, language and references in support.
- By way of submission, authors of the essays which are awarded prize money and certificates of merit, agree that Copyright therein shall vest in VSMCASL.
- 1st Prize: ₹11,000/-
- 2nd Prize: ₹10,000/-
- 3rd Prize: ₹9,000/-
- 1st Consolation Prize: ₹3,000/-
- 2nd Consolation Prize: ₹2,000/-
Electronically mailed only to-
31st July 2022
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.