Centre for Legal Studies Gitarattan International Business School
Presents 3rd NATIONAL INTER COLLEGE ONLINE DEBATE COMPETITION ON 4th & 5th DECEMBER, 2020.
About CLS GIBS:
Centre for Legal Studies has been set up by Gitarattan International Business School in the year 2016 for imparting legal education. CLS-GIBS has been emerging as one of the prominent law schools of the country providing 5 years of integrated programs in BA.LLB and BBA.LLB.
CITIZENSHIP AMENDMENT LAW: IS IT CONSTITUTIONALLY VALID OR A THREAT TO SECULAR NATURE OF THE CONSTITUTION.
- To improve and demonstrate debating & public speaking skills of Law Students
- To promote the exchange of ideas and thoughts among students.
- To spread maximum legal awareness among Law Students.
- To give exposure to the current Legal issues.
- To provide a platform for students to voice out their opinions on current global issues
and exploring various solutions to the crisis.
Students pursuing any law course of 3 years or 5 years duration from any University / Institute / College approved by Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in this event. Both the team members must belong to the same University / Institute / College.
The last date for the Registration in the Virtual Inter College Debate Competition is 25th November 2020 with a Registration fee of Rs 300/- per team. For any clarification mail at email@example.com
Teams can register themselves by clicking at the following Link:
1) There will be Two Rounds: Preliminary and Final. All the Teams will be placed under different groups in the Preliminary Round. From every group best two Teams will be selected for Final Round.
2) The Team Score will be calculated by adding both the team members’ individual scores.
3) For the Best Speaker award, an individual participant’s scores at any level will be considered.
4) Every Participant has the liability to make himself/herself present in the Webinarjam Platform. For that software and hardware issues are the responsibility of the participant as well as the team. Both the members of a team must be present for the competition at all stages.
5) The language for the debate competition shall be English only.
6) The total time allotted for each team is 8 minutes. The team shall decide the time limit of speaker 1 and speaker 2 but the minimum time for a speaker is two minutes
7) Team shall decide speaker 1 and speaker 2. Speaker 1 will debate ‘For the Motion’ and
speaker 2 will debate on ‘Against the Motion’.
8) The Competition shall be conducted on the Webinarjam platform and the Link will be shared with the teams 30 minutes before the debate.
9) Formal Attire (white shirt and black pants- for both male and female participants) is compulsory.
10) Use of Webcam/Face Camera (a device used by the participant) while speaking is mandatory.
11) Readin from any written document is prohibited. If it is observed by the Judges/organizer, the teams will be disqualified.
12) Usage of any abusive language/Obscene language shall implicate immediate disqualification of candidature.
13) Every participant has to make sure that they have a proper internet connection with a Camera and Microphone. In case of poor signals or blackout from participants, they will not be given any additional time or any other compensation. And it shall be deemed that the participant is done with the debate. CLS GIBS shall not be held responsible for connectivity issues of any kind.
14) Once Registration is done, no changes in names shall be allowed, and the amount paid shall be non-refundable.
15) CLS GIBS reserves the right to alter or change the rules or the procedure of the competition.
16) CLS GIBS shall have sole discretion to assess penalties or to disqualify teams for any failure in abiding by any of the foregoing Rules.
17) Team Codes will be allotted to each team after the formal registration and they should represent themselves throughout the competition with the allotted Team Code. All team members must refrain from disclosing the identity of their institution at any time and in any manner during the entire competition. Non-compliance with this rule shall result in immediate disqualification of the team. The decision of CLS GIBS in this regard shall be final and binding.
Note: The decision of the Judges and the Institution on any issue arising during the competition shall be final and binding.
Awards and Certificates:
- Best Team Award: Rs. 11000/- along with an e-certificate of merit.
- Runners-Up Team Award: Rs. 5000/- along with the e-certificate of merit.
- Best Speaker Award: Rs. 5000/- along with the certificate of merit In addition to the above, an E-Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
Last date of Registration: 25th November 2020
Date of Event: 4th December 2020 (Preliminary Round), 5th December 2020 (Final Round)
Paramjeet Singh Bhamra: 9971087756
Sanat Saluja: 9811590678
Garima Rana: 8800474226
Visit us for more such opportunities: https://lexpeeps.in/