The Faculty of Law, PES University, is pleased to announce that the third edition of the University’s flagship Moot Court Competition, will be held between the 19th and 22nd of March, 2020. The moot proposition is themed around electoral and constitutional law.
All law colleges/institutions/universities across the country recognised by the Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in the Competition. All participants must be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in law, i.e., either 3-year or 5-year courses. However, only one team is allowed to participate in the Competition from one law college/institution.
Each team can comprise of either two or three members. In the case of two members, both the members shall be designated as Speakers. In the case of three members, two members shall be designated as Speakers and one member shall be designated as Researcher.
The Competition will be held at PES University, Bangalore.
- Last date for provisional registration: 10 February 2020
- Last date to complete all the registration formalities: 15th February 2020
- Last date to apply for clarifications to the Moot Problem: 21st February 2020
- Clarifications, if any, to be published on the Official Website: 23rd February 2020
- Last date for submitting the soft copy of the Written Submission: 5th March 2020
- Inaugural Function, Orientation of Participants and Researchers’ Test: 19th March 2020
- Preliminary Rounds: 20th March 2020
- Octa-Finals, Quarter-Final and Semi-Final Rounds: 21st March 2020
- Final Round and Valedictory Ceremony: 22nd March 2020.
Each Team must register by filling up the registration form available HERE and by paying the registration fee of Rs. 6000 (Six Thousand only) through the payment methods mentioned below:
Demand Draft: DD (from Nationalised Bank preferably) shall be drawn in favour of “PES UNIVERSITY GENERAL FUND” payable at Bengaluru. Please send the DD to:
Mr Ranjeet Mathew Jacob, Faculty Co-ordinator, National Moot Court Competition, Faculty of Law, Panini Block 4th Floor, PES University, Outer Ring Rd, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bengaluru, Karnataka- 560085.
- Winners/ Best Team: Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 60,000.
- Runner-up: Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 45,000
- Best Speaker (preliminary rounds only): Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 12,500
- Best Researcher: Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 12,500
- Best Memorial: Trophy and Cash Prize of Rs. 15,000. The second-best memorial will be awarded a trophy.
All clarifications and communication can be made to the following e-mail address: “nmcc[at]pes.edu”. Furthermore, the contact details of the Faculty Coordinators and Student Conveners are provided below.
Any of them can be contacted between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM regarding any queries regarding the event.
Official Mail: nmcc[at]pes.edu
Faculty Coordinator: Prof. Ranjeet Mathew Jacob, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, PES University,
- Akshay V., Student Convener, Mob: +91 9036131409
- Prakruthi J P., Student Convener Mob: +91 7899618180
- Geethashree S., Student Co-convener, Mob: +91 9071365365
- Bhoomika Y S., Student Co-convener Mob: + 91 8296469849