Kerala Law Academy is organizing its 32nd All India Moot Court Competition, 2023 through the virtual mode from February 8 to 11, 2023.
Kerala Law Academy also referred to as the Kerala Law Academy Law College is a self-financing law college in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
This is the 32nd Edition of the Annual Moot Court Competition for the Kerala Law Academy Trophy. It is also one of the oldest competitions in the country and it is acclaimed by the academic community as well as by the legal circles as a trendsetter and one of the most prestigious Moot Court Competitions organized in our country.
The competition has grown in prominence over the years and today it occupies a unique place in the National Calendar of Moot Court Competitions.
Participation is open to All Universities/ Law colleges/ Law schools in India.
- The team intending to participate must register by submitting the duly filled Proforma provided on the Kerala Law Academy Website.
- The amount can also be sent through a Demand Draft for Rs 4000/- drawn in favour of “Kerala Law Academy Moot Court Society” payable at Thiruvananthapuram, to “The General Secretary, Kerala Law Academy Moot Court Society, Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram 695005”.
- Rs 4000/- per team.
- Best Team
- Second Best Team
- Best Student Advocate
- Second Best Student Advocate
- Best Lady Advocate
- Best Memorial
- The winner will be awarded the KLA Trophy & other trophies, certificates and a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000 (Rupees One lakh only) and the Runners-up will be awarded a trophy, certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000 (Rupees Fifty Thousand only).
- Other prize holders will be awarded trophies and certificates.
- All the participants will be awarded E-certificates of participation.
The competition is conducted through the online platform ZOOM. The Meeting ID, Password and Link will be communicated to the teams via email or WhatsApp group 25-15 minutes before each round in which they are participating.
All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform with a good camera. This is a mandatory requirement for participation.
- Registration – on or before 25th January 2023
- Online Desk Registration – 02:00 pm, 8th February 2023
- Inaugural Function – 05:30 pm, 8th February 2023
- Briefing Session and Pick of Lots – 07:00 pm, 8th February 2023
- Preliminary Round 1 – 08:30 am, 9th February 2023
- Preliminary Round 2 – 02:00 pm, 9th February 2023
- Pre-Quarter Round – 11:00 am, 10th February 2023
- Quarter Final Round – 03:00 pm, 10th February 2023
- Semi-final Round – 10:00 am, 11th February 2023
- Final Round – 02:30 pm, 11th February 2023
- Valedictory Function & Prize Distribution – 05:00 pm, 11th February 2023
In case of any queries, please contact mcs[at]keralalawacademy.in or any of the following:
- Dr Dakshina Saraswathy, Assistant Professor & General Secretary, Moot Court Society, Phone Number: +91 9744169215
- Prajitha P.G. – 7994561860, Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy
- Darsana S. Thampi – 8086406054, Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy
- Arun V. Unnithan – 9446348413, Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy
- Sachin B. – 9446668991, Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.