About the Institute and Moot
Unitedworld School of Law (UWSL) is a statutory institute recognised by the Bar Council of India and is a constituent college of Karnavati University.
The Inaugural edition of the moot elaborates on Surrogacy being a practice where a woman gives birth to a child for an intending couple with the intention to hand over the child after the birth to the intending couple. It allowed various sections of society to conceive children including members from LGBTQ community, single parents, unmarried couples in live-in relationships, divorced individuals and couples who suffered from some form of infertility related issues. The expanding jurisprudence of Article 21 have significantly fabricated several dimensions of life.
The concerned disputable issue manages different challenges that may prevent the relevance and applicability of surrogacy laws. It is high time to balance the rights ensured under the Constitution with the limitations imposed by the authorities through regulatory mechanisms.
Eligibility and Team Composition
· The competition is open to all students pursuing LL.B. 3 year/ 5 year course during the current academic year.
· A recognised College/ Institute/ University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the competition.
· Each team shall comprise of a minimum of 2 members and a maximum of 3 members. In a team comprising of 2 members, both members shall be designated as Orators of which 1 member shall appear for the Researchers Test. In a team comprising of 3 members, 2 shall be designated as Orators and the 3rd member shall be the researcher.
· Any additional member or Team Coach won’t be entitled to a certificate or other entitlements.
The 1st UWSL National Moot Court Competition will be held on 27-29 March 2020 at Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, A/907 Uvarsad Vavol Road, Uvarsad, Gandhinagar 382422, Gujarat, India.
· Registration shall commence from 5 February 2020. The teams can register by 20 February 2020.(23:59 Hrs.)
· The teams shall register through e-mail by sending a scanned copy of the registration form (the link of which is provided at the end) along with the fee of INR 4500 either by sending a Demand Draft in favour of Unitedworld School of Law payable at Ahmedabad or by way of Online Payment bearing Account name: Unitedworld School of Law (a unit of Karnavati Medical & Educational Trust) the further details of which shall be accessed in the brochure (the link of which is provided at the end).
Schedule of Events
|Last Date to submit Scanned Registration Form along with Travel Form & Payment of Fees||February 20, 2020 (23:59 Hrs.)|
|Last Date to seek Clarifications & Allotment of Team Code||February 24, 2020 (23:59 Hrs.)|
|Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy)||March 16, 2020 (23:59 Hrs.)|
|Last Date of Submitting Hard Copy of Registration Form along with 5 Hard Copies of Memorials and Payment detailsby Post/Hand||March 21, 2020 (23:59 Hrs.)|
|Inaugural Ceremony, Orientation, Researcher’ s Test, Draw of lots & Preliminary Round||March 27, 2020|
|Quarter Finals & Semi Finals||March 28, 2020|
|Final & Valedictory Ceremony||March 29, 2020|
– Winning Team- Winners Trophy and award of INR 1,00,000/- along with Certificate of Merit
– 1st Runners Up- Trophy and award of INR 45,000/- along with Certificate of Merit
– 2nd Runners Up- Trophy and award of INR 20,000/- along with Certificate of Merit
– 1st Best Memorial- Trophy and award of INR 10,000/- along with Certificate of Merit
– 2nd Best Memorial- Trophy and award of INR 5,000/- along with Certificate of Merit
– Best Speaker (Female)- Trophy and award of INR 5,000/- along with Certificate of Merit
– Best Speaker (Male)- Trophy and award of INR 5,000/- along with Certificate of Merit
– Best Researcher (Female)- Trophy and award of INR 5,000/- along with Certificate of Merit
– Best Researcher (Male)- Trophy and award of INR 5,000/- along with Certificate of Merit
Apart from these the Certificate of Participation shall be issued to all the participants during the Valedictory Ceremony.
Organizing Secretary & Faculty Advisor to KUMCS- Mr. Shrut Brahmbhatt (Assistant Professor of Law)
Student Convener- Ms. Palak Mehta +91-9586973718
Student Co-convener- Mr. Manthan Sharma +91-8562846724
Moot Registration & Procedural Compliance Committee- Mr. Varun Modasia +91-8140300444
Hospitality Committee- Ms. Parinaz Fanibanda +91-9723000017