DeadlineSep 19, 2021
Status- Open Job
SFLC.in is inviting applications for the post of Senior Counsel(s) at our office in New Delhi, India. Lawyers with litigation experience and an interest in civil liberties, intellectual property rights law, and technology laws are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position requires working closely with the Legal Director and other advocates on a variety of cases at the intersection of technology issues, intellectual property rights, and human rights. Other responsibilities include:
- Preparing court submissions and petitions, appearing for court hearings, filing appropriate applications at both- District Courts and High Courts;
- Liaison with Senior Advocates regarding writ petitions filed by SFLC.in;
- Analyse laws in the areas of technology law, human rights law, information privacy, cyber security, free speech, telecommunications law, and constitutional law;
- Work in association with other team members and policy makers i.e. conduct meetings, draft expert opinions, contribute to consultation processes, and provide research support.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) or Equivalent. LL.M. graduates may also apply;
- Admission in good standing to the Bar Council of India;
- Minimum 3-4 years of litigation PQE, including making submissions before District and High Courts, working knowledge of Code of Civil Procedure, 1908;
- Excellent legal drafting and analytical skills, identifying appropriate applications;
- Familiarity with issues at the intersection of law, intellectual property rights, technology, and issues involving emerging technologies in particular;
- Litigation experience would be preferred; however, candidates with transactional experience are also encouraged to apply.
Jangpura Extension, New Delhi, India
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications with a cover letter, statement of intent, resume and two writing samples (mandatory) and a reference in free document format (.pdf or .odt) ONLY to email@example.com with a subject line – “Application for Senior Counsel“.
SFLC.in offers an open supportive and empowering environment where you are encouraged to take initiative no matter how young you are. We offer paid time off, once a week firm-sponsored meal, paid parental leave, a pet-friendly workplace, and a platform to effectuate change globally.
SFLC.in believes in equality and opportunity for all. We consider all qualifies applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
It will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and be at par with industry standards.
The last date of accepting application is August 16, 2021. Late applicants will not be considered.
For any further information regarding the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For regular updates, join us: