About the institute
Nurtured by the visionary ideas of Dr. S.B. Mujumdar, Chancellor (Symbiosis International University) on the principles of vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’, Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Nagpur was established inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence in education. Being a constituent of Symbiosis International University, Pune, Symbiosis Lawn School, NAGPUR is strategically located in the potential education hub of Maharashtra thereby offering multitude of opportunities for the budding lawyers. Harping on the rich legacy of both Bar and Bench, SLS Nagpur promises to be one of the finest destinations for imparting legal education in central India.
About MCA, SLS Nagpur
Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur constituted Moot Court Association (MCA) to provide practical education to the students of law. Since then MCA has been instrumental in organising various activities and events to promote mooting skills amongst students and has encouraged them to participate in National and International Moot Court Competitions. In pursuance of this goal, SLS, Nagpur is organising second Virtual National Moot Court Competition of the year in collaboration with Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board, Nagpur.
- Students pursuing undergraduate law course (3-year programme/5-year programme) from the institutions all over the country are welcome to submit their registration forms.
- The teams are requested to send an e-copy of the registration form to email@example.com
- The link of the registration form is mentioned in the Rules of National Moot Court Competition in rule no. 3.1.1.
- The teams are requested to remember the important dates and to follow the deadlines meticulously.
Rule and regulations
For rules and regulations visit- www.slsnagpur.edu.in
Fees and payment
- Registration fee is Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only inclusive of GST), to be paid after the selection of the memorial.
- Registration fee is to be paid by wire transfer only.
- The scanned copy of the receipt of wire transfer must be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 29/11/2021.
Release of Moot Proposition & Commencement of Registration – 04/10/2021
Last Date of Provisional Registration – 15/11/2021
Last Date for seeking Clarifications – 16/11/2021
Last Date for Withdrawal – 17/11/2021
Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy)- 20/11/2021
Result of the Memorial Round (Top 10 Teams) – 24/11/2021
Last Date for Completing Registration Process – 29/11/2021
Date of the Competition – 03/12/2021 – 05/12/2021
- The team that scores the highest in the Final Round shall be declared the “Winners” and shall be awarded a prize and a certificate of merit.
- The other team that qualifies to the Final Round shall be declared the “Runners up” and shall be awarded a prize and a certificate of merit.
- Best Speaker shall be determined on the basis of the highest average marks obtained in the preliminary round, and shall be awarded a prize and a certificate of merit.
- Best Memorial shall be determined on the basis of the highest marks obtained in the memorial round, and shall be awarded a prize and a certificate of merit.
- Every participating team member shall be awarded ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- No ‘Certificate of Participation’ shall be granted to those teams who have not qualified the memorial round.
- Gifts, Prizes given by sponsors, if any, shall be additional to what has been mentioned above.