Applications are now open for students to apply for The RHODES SCHOLARSHIP FOR INDIA 2023.
The Rhodes Scholarships, established in 1903, are the oldest international scholarship programme in the world, and one of the most prestigious. Administered by the Rhodes Trust in Oxford, the programme offers over 100 fully-funded Scholarships each year for full-time postgraduate study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom – one of the world’s leading universities. Rhodes Scholarships are for young leaders of outstanding intellect and character who are motivated to engage with global challenges, committed to the service of others and show promise of becoming value-driven, principled leaders for the world’s future.
- Nationality/citizenship: You must be a citizen of India, holding an Indian passport, or equivalent proof of citizenship. PIO or OCI card holders do not satisfy the Indian citizenship criteria for this purpose. Applications from refugees/asylum seekers in India will also be considered in this constituency.
- Education/residency: You must have undertaken formal study at an educational institution in India for a minimum of 4 of the last 10 years, and have either: (i) completed a school leaving exam (10th or 12th standard or equivalent) at a school in India (ii) or be in the final year of, or have completed an undergraduate degree at a university in India.
- Age: You must meet either of the below criteria:
- On 1 October 2022, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1998 and on or before 1 October 2004).
- On 1 October 2022, you must not have reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1995) AND you have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2021.
4. Academic achievement: You must have already completed, or will have completed by July 2023, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that – at a minimum – meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of your chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford (https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/courses-a-z-listing). Given the very intense international competition for places at the University of Oxford, candidates will have a greater chance of successful admission to Oxford if they have:
• A First Class Honours Degree
Please contact the National Secretary if you require further advice about the academic requirements of the Scholarship.
5. Please note: only one of the five available Scholarships (and, in exceptional cases, two) may be awarded in the aggregate to (i) candidates who are pursuing, or have pursued, their undergraduate studies at a university located outside India and (ii) inter-jurisdictional Candidates.
6. If unsuccessful in your first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, you may subsequently re-apply only once more (and this must be in the same constituency), subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
- You can apply online from 01 June 2022 at https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/applications/.
- You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by 23:59 India Standard Time, 01 August 2022. All applications must be submitted online. No alternate method of application is accepted. There is no
application fee for submission of the Rhodes Scholarship application form.
- In preparation for making your application, you should carefully read the information held on the Scholarships tab on the Rhodes House website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
- If you are longlisted you will be invited to attend a preliminary interview, which may be held in person or via video conference.
- A semi-final interview may also be held in person or via video conference at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement (a tea or dinner with the selection committee hosted by the Chairman) and a final interview. You must be available to attend both, in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time, or mode, of these events. The Selection Committee may, however, decide to hold all final interviews online. Interviews will be held between September-November 2022. No candidate will be selected without an interview. The granting of an interview is entirely within the discretion of the Selection Committee. A domestic travel allowance for candidates invited for the final interview will be paid by the Rhodes Trust if the interviews are held in person. International travel will not be reimbursed.
- All applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application.
- Please note – before starting an online Rhodes Scholarship application you should be aware of the Rhodes Trust data protection policy for applications: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/pages/personal-data-cookies/.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.