About the NLIU- Legal Aid Clinic (“LAC”):
The NLIU – Legal Aid Clinic (“LAC”), which is driven by the ethos of Article 39A of the Indian Constitution, has been established under the aegis of the National Legal Services Authority. It is a student-run initiative, which aims to provide free legal aid to the marginalized sections of society. Our aim is to provide pro bono legal representation and advice to the weak and downtrodden sections of society.
About the Constitution Day: PIL Drafting Competition:
- The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/college in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- “Individual Participation” as well as “Participation in a team of two” is allowed.
- Participants from two different universities may also form a team.
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with the permission of the Organizer.
- The participating teams can register themselves by filling this Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6TRUmTszFgeC2be-QM5bDYiJimLBEOLkyXw8dMGOgHehkbQ/viewfor
- The participation fee is Rs 100/- for one team.
- The participants have to pay the registration fee in the manner hereinafter provided.
- The payment screenshot must be attached with the registration form.
- After the successful registration, each participant or team shall be allotted a unique team code for further references.
How to make the Payment:
- Subsequent to filling the registration form, payment of Rs 100 as registration fee has to be made “+91-9920627181” with any UPI App (Paytm/ Google pay etc.)
- If you are facing any problem in making the payment, kindly email us at “firstname.lastname@example.org” so that we could suggest some other methods for your convenience.
Registration open: 9/11/2020
Regitration close: 18/11/2020
Submission of PIL drafts: 21/11/2020
Declaration of Result: 26/11/2020
For submission guidelines download:
- All the queries and clarifications must be sent to the official mail ID of the organizers (NLIU) i.e. “email@example.com” and the subject of the mail must read as “PIL COMPETITION QUERY”.
- No query without the subject “PIL COMPETITION QUERY” would be entertained.
- The last day to raise a query is “19th November 2020”
- Only queries sent through mail shall be entertained.
Instagram: CLICK HERE (NLIU)
Facebook: CLICK HERE (NLIU)
LinkedIn: CLICK HERE
Visit us for more such opportunities: https://lexpeeps.in/