What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Overview for Operations
WRI Operations team supports the crucial front line work of the organization, they directly interact and work with donors, partners, government agencies, statutory bodies, trustees, vendors, and Consultants in fielding their inquiries, providing support at all the fronts and solving problems. So that the WRI programs can be implemented without any hurdles and the program staff and researchers can develop high quality research documents, plans and implement the programs at the field level.
WRI operations team consists of various functions such as Budget and Finance, Grants and Contracts, Legal Counsel, Human Resource, IT and Facilities management. Each role comes under the purview of operations and each function lead reports to the Director Operations and Director Operations report to the CEO of the Organization.
WRI Operations team strive for operational excellence across all functions starting with the recruitment, retention and management of WRI’s staff, our most important asset. We manage our endowment, the contributions entrusted to us, and our facilities in ways that are in line with our values and advance our mission. We maintain strict budgetary planning and financial controls to ensure that all contributions are managed in compliance with donors’ wishes.
WRI India is seeking a highly motivated Intern with a genuine interest in drafting policies and enhancing processes. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting the team with the tasks below including contributing to special projects as assigned. This opportunity will help you to gain valuable experience and skills in the Operation team, while being supported by the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Researching on best practices of internal communications strategy for operations team.
- Creating SOPs, editing and writing content for a variety of internal communications mediums such as developing draft polices or processes of existing or new systems.
- Working on pilot project for efficient roll out of new polices and processes to communicate with staff internally and externally.
- Assisting the operations team with research, writing and coordination with teams across programs and functions.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English literature or Law or Mass Communication, candidates who are currently pursuing Masters in the same field can also apply.
- Prior internship experience in similar field is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all documents and other personal information.
Duration: 3 Months
Location: Remote, India
Stipend: 10,000 per Month
Start date: At the earliest
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.
For regular updates, join us: