Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, affiliated with GGSIP University, was established in the year 2000 with the vision to impart world-class quality professional education and promote excellence in education. In this pursuit, VIPS provides innovative pedagogies to encapsulate the prescribed curriculum and consistency, thereby focusing on the holistic growth of every student at VIPS.
About MAADHYAM – International Council for Conflict Resolution
Maadhyam-International Council for Conflict Resolution, founded by highly accomplished professionals, comprises many renowned, experienced, internationally accredited mediators. It has been at the forefront of developing and implementing training programs for imparting and promoting conflict resolution skills for ADR practitioners, in line with contemporary global trends.
In recognition of its contribution to the development of Mediation, Maadhyam was invited to attend the signing of the Singapore Convention. Its office bearers were also part of the Draft Committee appointed for the Mediation Bill.
In keeping with its motto of continued learning, Maadhyam is happy to take forward its collaboration with one of the finest national universities – VIPS in the 4th National Virtual Negotiation Competition and hopes the event will help enrich and empower the young students – tomorrows’ leaders in ADR.
About the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution is a platform that provides training and recognition to students participating in alternative dispute resolution activities ranging from mediation, arbitration to client counseling. The ADR skills enable participants to resolve the dispute amicably and ‘to be hard on the problem and soft on the people’.
The Virtual Negotiation Competition
The 4th VIPS – Maadhyam National Virtual Negotiation Competition, 2022 (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Competition’), organized by the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies, VIPS, in collaboration with Maadhyam – International Council for Dispute Resolution (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Organising Committee’).
The Competition will be held from April 28 to May 1, 2022.
Open to all bonafide students pursuing undergraduate degrees (five and three-year law programs) in Law Schools/Colleges/Institutions/Universities recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Each Participating Institution is permitted to send a maximum number of 2 teams to the Competition. If at all more teams are registered, that would be subject to only two teams being selected on the First Come, First Serve basis.
All participants must be registered with their respective institutions as full-time or part-time students for 2021-2022.
Mode of the Competition
How to Register?
A team must register for the competition by filling out the google form- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScE8rkyBYZlxoi0C7RhIdSGZztMnitzS29YHvYb908H5Q0BKg/viewform?usp=send_form
- A team will be required to pay Rs. 2000/- via NEFT or UPI as a registration fee for the competition. After making a payment, a screenshot of the payment and the transaction ID must be submitted in the google form as part of the registration process.
- Bank Details for NEFT:
- Name: Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies Technical Campus
- Bank: HDFC BANK LTD.
- Branch: F1U/42 Block, Pitampura, New Delhi – 110034
- Account No.: 50100199004255
- IFSC Code: HDFC 0001657
- Participants may also pay the registration fee via UPI by making a payment to the following UPI ID: vivekanandao.60644168@hdfcbank
- A team will also need to submit a consent form in the google form duly signed and stamped by the Dean/Head of Department/Principal/Head of the law school institution permitting the participants to participate in the competition.
- Institutions may provisionally register for the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by April 7, 2022.
- The last date to register for the competition is April 18, 2022.
- Best Team: Cash Prize: Rs. 25,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Runners up Team: Cash Prize: Rs.15,000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Best Counsel (based on scores of the preliminary rounds): Cash Prize: Rs. 5000/- and Best Counsel’s Certificate of Merit
- Best Client (based on scores of the preliminary rounds): Cash Prize: Rs. 5000/- and Best Client’s Certificate of Merit
- Quarter-Finalists, Semi-Finalists, and Finalists: Certificate of Merit
|Announcement of the Competition||March 20, 2022|
|Last Date for Provisional Registrations||April 7, 2022|
|Last Date to Register||April 18, 2022|
|Release of Problems||April 21, 2022|
|Orientation Session||April 23, 2022|
|Last Date to Seek Clarifications||April 24, 2022|
|Dates of the Competition||April 28 to May 1, 2022|
- Saharsh Panjwani, Student Convenor: 9013965521
- Shivam Issar, Student Convenor: 9953071864
- Or email us at email@example.com
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.