About Government Law College, Mumbai
With a heritage spanning over 150 years and a seemingly endless list of eminent alumni, Government Law College, Mumbai has been considered as a premier institute of legal education since its inception in 1855. Having humbly begun as classes in a borrowed premises, this college that first lit the candle of legal education in India, stands tall amongst all its contemporaries.
About the Essay Competition
The Magazine Committee of Government Law College, Mumbai, organises a national level legal essay writing competition, The Dinesh Vyas Memorial Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition, annually. Writing is a proclivity that a lawyer must never detach himself from, and as a result, each year, the Magazine Committee of Government Law College, Mumbai, organises a national level legal essay writing competition, The Dinesh Vyas Memorial Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition.
The Dinesh Vyas Memorial Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition is named after Late Mr Dinesh Vyas, a distinguished GLC alumnus who graduated with an LLB from Government Law College in 1967.
1st prize- Rs. 12,000/-; 2nd prize- Rs. 9,000/- ; 3rd prize- Rs. 7,000/-
The winning essay will be published in méLAWnge 2020-21, the Annual College Magazine of Government Law College, Mumbai. All publishing rights will remain with the organizing committee.
All authors submitting their entries shall receive a Letter of Appreciation for their participation.
- The entries must be submitted on or before 20th November, 2021
- No submissions made after that shall be accepted.
Students pursuing LL.B. (3 Years or 5 Years Courses)/ LL.M. course from any recognized University or College can
participate in the competition.
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Each entry must be the original and previously unpublished work of the participant.
- A copy of the entry should be e-mailed to email@example.com in both the PDF and Word formats.
- Participants must submit a short bio-data in the body of the e-mail containing the following information: Full name, year, college name, telephone number & postal address along with personal contact number, email-id & postal address.
- In the body of the same email, participants are required to specify which topic they have chosen to write on. Such specification must not be included in the entry itself.
- Participants must submit a scanned copy of their College Student Identity Card or equivalent Fee Receipt.
- Entries which do not contain the same, will not be accepted.
- No Registration fee is to be paid by the participants.
- Co-authorship is permitted within students from the same educational institution
- The essay should comprise of not less than 3500 words and not more than 5000 words. The word limit is inclusive of footnotes.
- The entry should adhere to the following formatting requirements : Font type – Times New Roman, Font size – 12, Double-spacing, One inch margin on each side, with justified alignment of text.
- The footnotes should adhere to the following formatting requirements: Font type – Times New Roman, Font size – 10, Single-spacing.
- The citation must be strictly in accordance with the Harvard Blue Book Citation style, 20 Edition.
- The identity of the student or the college, university, institution etc., should not be revealed in the text of the essay in any manner whatsoever.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION VISIT THE LINK BELOW:
FOR ANY FURTHER DETAILS OR CLARIFICATIONS CONTACT:
Rebecca Koshy, Chief Student Editor : +91 9833922575