About School of Agricultural Law and Economics, RGNLU
School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE) is a Center of excellence established with an object to provide a platform for multidimensional analysis of the agricultural sector in connotation to legal, social, political and cultural paradigms.
The School of Agricultural Law and Economics encompasses the study of the law which focuses on the special rules and exceptions made for agriculture. It basically aims at focusing on how agricultural laws can be used to serve the diverse and competent interests of the agricultural society.
About the debate competition
The 1st National Level Debate Competition, organised by the School of Agriculture Law & Economics, RGNUL, Punjab, will be based on the Lincoln-Douglas debate format i.e., one on one debate in order to promote individualism amongst the participants. Through this competition, we aim at providing the students with a platform to hone their debating skills and improve the whole debating experience by ensuring that the participants meet with challenging issues based on contemporary and developing aspects of law and society. The competition strives to provide a safe platform for students to grow and experiment with their communication skills and critical thinking abilities.
The competition shall comprise of 3 stages:
4+1 minutes to speak. Timings will be displayed on the screen twice, once after 1 minute and second after another 3 minutes.
Rebuttal: 1 minute to each participant.
Semi finals and final rounds
1 vs 1 format (Lincoln-Douglas Format)
The Lincoln-Douglas debate is dedicated to questions that are of a deep moral or philosophical nature. The debate format for a Lincoln-Douglas debate is one-on one.
- Affirmative Constructive – 6 minutes
- Cross-Examination by negative – 3 minutes
- Negative Constructive – 6 minutes
- Cross-Examination by positive – 3 minutes
- First Affirmative Rebuttal – 4 minutes
- Negative Rebuttal – 4 minutes
Total Speaking time for each Speaker- 13 minutes
Preparation time: 30 Minutes.
GUIDELINES FOR COMPETITION
- A New Motion will be Provided 30 minutes before each Oral round.
- The participants will be informed about their stand, i.e., either “For the Motion”or “Against the Motion”, 30 minutes before starting that particular round, through the WhatsApp group.
- The medium of debate is strictly English.
- The participant must maintain professional decorum at all times throughout the competition. The use of abusive or profane language will immediately disqualify the participant.
- Individual scores of each round will be released after the completion of the respective round.
- Each participant will be allotted a unique code for further reference and communication. The participant will be required to use that code only. In case any participant is found disclosing his/her identity, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the competition
The decision of the judges invited for evaluation will be final and binding.
This competition is open to all bonafide undergraduate and postgraduate students from colleges/universities across India. There is no restriction on the number of participants from a particular college.
Dates of the Competition: 12th and 13th of November, 2021.
The deadline for registration is 11:59 pm, 8th November 2021.
Awards and Certificates
Winner: INR 2000/-
First Runners Up: INR 1500/-
The selected Top Performers will be awarded Ecertificates of Appreciation.
All the participants will be awarded E-certificates for
- Winner: INR 2000/-
- First Runners Up: INR 1500/-
- The selected Top Performers will be awarded Ecertificates of Appreciation.
- All the participants will be awarded E-certificates for participation.
Step 1: Click on the link below: https://www.rgnulerp.org/lsa/eventPortal/loginFrom.jsp
Step 2: Select “The Growing Regime of Privatisation in India” In’applying for’option. and Click to register.
Step 3: Fill in the required details.
Step 4: Select Preferred event of Payment and make Payment.
Vashisht: +91 8360801339 (Student Coordinator)
Aarti Bhutani: +91 9919008862 (Student Coordinator)
Khushwant Nimbark : +91 9636988105 (Student Coordinator)
E-mail – email@example.com