Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU) is organizing the National Conference on Protection of Traditional Knowledge and Biodiversity.
In the central part of India, the State of Chhattisgarh is richly blessed with forest and mines in around 135 sq. km of land. It has the 3rd largest forest area in India. Chhattisgarh is covered by deciduous and dry deciduous vegetation.
Deciduous forests cover roughly 44% of the State. The forests and woodlands are home to many animals and species of birds like Gaur, Sambar, Blackbucks, Pahari Myna, etc. Teak, Sal, Salai, tendu, and Bamboo trees are mainly found in
STRUCTURE OF THE CONFERENCE
The Conference will be organized in the following three parts:
Part A: Panel Discussions
Part B: Paper Presentations
Part C: Field Visit (Tentative)
The conference aims to bring civil society, government agencies, academia, research scholars, and students to elaborate on the obstacles faced in preserving traditional knowledge. It will also include discussions on the
the potential of the Biodiversity Act to promote traditional knowledge and the prospect of the Act to economically empower the community.
SUB-THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
Articles / Research papers are invited on any of the following sub-themes:
- Legal protections for traditional knowledge and biodiversity
- Role of Institutions/Civil Society in the protection of Traditional
- Knowledge and Biodiversity
- Intellectual Property and Traditional Knowledge
- Traditional Knowledge and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity Business and Biodiversity
- Corporate responsibility and Biodiversity Conservation
- Biodiversity and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Community Rights and International Framework
- Indigenous Knowledge and Environment Protection
- Traditional Knowledge and World Trade
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Deadline for the Submission of Full Paper along with Abstract: July 22, 2022
- Intimation of Acceptance for Paper Presentation: July 23, 2022
- Deadline for Registration & Fee Payment (only if the paper is accepted): July 24, 2022
- Date of Conference: July 27-28, 2022
- For Academicians/Professionals and Research Scholars: INR 1000
- For Students: INR 700
- The abstract of 200 – 250 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author/s indicating his/her email ID, contact number, designation, and official address.
- The word limit for a full paper along with an abstract is 2500 – 3000 words (excluding footnotes) submitted in MS Word Format.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing.
- Plagiarized papers shall be summarily rejected.
- For references and bibliography, the author(s) are required to follow the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
- Papers will be scrutinized by the organizers, and up to 25 papers may be accepted for presentation at the conference.
The full paper along with the abstract must reach the conference secretariat on or before July 22, 2022, through the following link/QR code:
Link / QR for the submission of full paper along with abstract –
7355235075 / 9919521188
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.