About the Moot Competition
Taxation is often perceived as a vast & highly complicated subject requiring considerable expertise and many law graduates are seen to be reluctant in taking up taxation as their area of practice. Consequently, the practice of taxation is restricted to a limited set of advocates though taxation laws are one of the most extensively applicable laws in India. In order to develop the next generation of taxation practitioners, it is imperative that law students are given a practical legal platform and this Taxation Moot by School of Excellence in Law, Chennai aims to do just that.
Late Shri. K.R. Ramamani was a legal giant in the field of taxation and was well known throughout India, especially in the south, for his legal acumen and expertise in the field of taxation. He was sought after by people from all walks of life for his expertise and was often referred to as “Palkhivala of the South”. He led the prestigious Subbaraya Aiyar, Padmanabhan & Ramamani (S.A.P.R) Advocates (http://saprlaw.com) firm to great heights.
His commitment towards the legal profession, in-depth understanding of the law and his interest in teaching the future generation despite his busy schedule made him a lawyer par excellence. There can be no better way of remembering the memory of perhaps one of the most eminent taxation lawyers in India than by conducting a National Tax Moot Court Competition in his name.
So, in a fitting tribute to Late Shri. K.R. Ramamani, the School of Excellence in Law, Chennai in association with S.A.P.R. Advocates started a National level Taxation Moot Court Competition back in 2010 with an aim of providing the participants a high-quality moot experience focused on taxation. They are now organizing the 12th edition of the K.R.Ramamani Taxation Moot Court Competition & 12th V.S. Sundaram Research Paper Competition, 2022 (http://www.krrtaxmoot.com).
The Competition is set to take place in a hybrid form. Virtually through the video conferencing application “Google Meet”™ on 24th-27th February 2022.
The Final Round of the 12th K.R. Ramamani Memorial Taxation National Moot Court Competition 2022 will be held on 6th March 2022 at the School of Excellence in Law, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Taramani, Chennai – 600113.
The felicitation of the winners of the V.S.Sundaram Research Paper Competition, 2022 will happen during the valedictory ceremony on March 6, 2022.
This edition will be graced by Sitting Justices of Hon’ble Supreme Court and Hon’ble High Court of Madras, Members of the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal as well as leading lawyers and accountants.
- The preliminary rounds of the 12th K.R. Ramamani Memorial Taxation National Moot Court Competition 2021 will be conducted ONLINE through the video conferencing application “Google Meet”™ on 24th, 25th 26th and 27th February 2022
- The Researcher’s Interview will be conducted ONLINE through the video conferencing application “Google Meet”™ on 22nd and 23rd February 2022.
Team Eligibility and Composition
- Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the three-year or five-year LL.B. or B.L. degree course in any institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only one team is permitted to participate from each registered institution.
- Each team shall comprise of a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. In a team consisting of two members, each of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’. In a team consisting of three members, two of the members shall be designated as ‘Speaker’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
- The participants shall complete the final registration, by affixing all the necessary details by filling in the online registration form as provided below: 12th K.R.RAMAMANI MEMORIAL NATIONAL TAXATION MOOT COURT COMPETITION 2022 (google.com)
- The registration fee for the Moot Court Competition is Rs. 1,180/- (Rupees One Thousand One Hundred and EightyOnly). The registration fee must be paid through NEFT to the below mentioned account:
- Name of the Account: TAMIL NADU DR. AMBEDKAR LAW UNIVERSITY MOOT COURT ASSOCIATION
- Account Number: 67104604033
- Name of the Bank: STATE BANK OF INDIA, PNSB Branch Raja Annamalaipuram
- Branch Code: 70688
- IFSC code: SBIN0070688
|Release of the Moot Proposition||December 20, 2021|
|Last Date for Final Registration||February 4, 2022|
|Last Date for mailing Clarifications||February 6, 2022|
|Release of Final Clarifications||February 9, 2022|
|Deadline for Soft Copy Submission of Written Submissions (Memo)||February 20, 2022|
|Last date for submission of soft copy of Research Paper (11th V.S Sundaram Memorial Research Paper, 2021)||March 1, 2022|
|Deadline for Submission of Compendium via email||February 23, 2022|
|Announcement of Results of 11th V.S Sundaram Memorial Research Paper, 2021||March 4, 2022|
|Researcher’s Interview||February 22-23, 2022|
|Preliminary Rounds||February 24-25, 2022|
|Quarter Final and Semi-Finals Rounds||February 26-27, 2022|
|Final Rounds and Valedictory Ceremony||6th March 2022|
- Winner: Rs. 50,000/-
- Runner up: Rs. 25,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Speaker: 5,000/-
- Research Paper: Rs. 20,000/-
Mail to: email@example.com
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.